making a ball

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by lunarpumpkin, Sep 26, 2016.

1. lunarpumpkin

lunarpumpkin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    so , i have a custom model of a ball...

what now?

i make it physic_override and the thing wont give a shit about people touching it or shooting it or using +use on a +use enabled server.

i tried reducing its mass and increasing the damage scale , the thing still grounded like a boulder that tilt slightly when hit with explosives or by direct hits from stickies

2. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Made a simple map with a ball in it using the stock tf2 beachball. Check out this vmf.
    You should be able to replace the ball with the custom model and it should work as far as I know.

3. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    there is a huge ball made of nodraw .... with over 240 faces on it , the compiler cant run that

4. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    If I remember there is a entity that was used in Carnival of Carnage and that is prop_soccer_ball (I think)
    The entity can use any prop model meanwhile it have collisions.
    Touching the ball or shooting it will play a sound and send it flying, the problem is that projectiles like rockets stop midair and break if someone shoots the ball as soldier

5. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ran just fine for me, and actually I got that from the achievement_idle_2 map so I know it works.

6. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    the ball witht he 240 faces is considered a brush its nto even a prop , beside im lookign to make it lightweight because iw ant alot of balls int he map , i foudn env shooter and settign the entity made as physic kind of work with +use but its not affected by player touches and damage

7. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    k so i found out
    phys prop setting ot server side physic actually move rather than being a boulder

8. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    still cant find a way to make the ball kickable @gmod style

9. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 physics, mainly those of player-prop interactions, are quite stripped down from what you'll find in HL2 and Gmod. As such, the only way to interact with physics objects is through shooting them (or using a coded object, like the pass time ball).

10. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    but the beach ball and the scout's soccer ball are kickable , both are generated entities and i dont want logic birthday in my map ... rip ball pit then