Make the Requests forum a subforum of Models & Textures

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Pocket, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    We keep getting people thinking they can make requests for actual maps in it. This seems like the easiest way to make that stop.

(And as long as I'm bringing this up, Tutorials might as well be renamed back to "Tutorials & Resources" since all the "resources" are still in there. But that's just semantics.)

2. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree with both of these points.

and I also believe that you guys should add on a CSS forum in the "other games" category. quite frankly just because so many people here started out with CSS and I know that there is no really good way to get CSS maps out there.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    *cough* interlopers *cough*

Besides there i can think of at least 3 or 4 other large online communities that deal with CSS maps.

4. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Whilst there is, this community is awesomer.Besides it couldn't hurt to have have a other games section where people can post there work for any game.

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Well i'm not opposed to it in that i doubt it would hurt, i just think it's a bit redundant.

interlopers
    mapcore
    snarkpit
    gamebanana
    planet-halflife
    facepunch
    SPUF
    halflife2.net

To name but a few CSS related sites, take your pick of which ever resource you like for css related mapping.

Generally "Source mapping" is "Source mapping" which ever mod you're working on, but people don't come to TF2maps for CSS maps, do they.

6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Adding ANOTHER game to our subforums wouldn't be useful and would be redundant like Grazr said...

Look at how often our P2 and Minecraft subforums get used.

7. Terwonick

Positive Ratings:
    that's because minecraft is kinda dying off, and P2 has a max of 2 people. whereas css is a constantly changing game with a consistently HUGE player-base.

8. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    minecraft isn't dying off? just the people here don't have use for a forum? do you ever think about the words that you type?

9. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    MW3 Subforum! Now!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Terwonick

Positive Ratings:
    MW3, really? I thought better of you. On a more somber note, the reasons I gave for having a P2 forum still stand for having a CSS forum:

- We know people here and wouldn't have to edge ourselves into different communities
    - There is no place devoted to just CSS maps

and some new reasons

- Most of us (that I know of, including myself) came from a CSS mapping background, this is a part of our heritage!
    - I found it impossible to get REAL feedback on my maps, because I couldn't make connections to people who would play the maps.