make a func_button pressed in by default

KlashFire

L1: Registered
Sep 2, 2015
well, is there a way to make the func button go to it's Lip by default and then other triggers pressit out?

what I am trying to do is as follows:
make it so that when a prop_static is damaged, the lights turn on, when damaged again, lights turn off.

I am doing this by this method:
make a trigger box tied to a func_button around the entity, make it turn on the light on damaged, then pressin. then press out a different triggerbox so that by damaging this entity, you are actually hitting the other func_button, which, upon damage, turns lights off, presses itself out and presses the original func_button in.

any easier method or way to make it pressed in by default?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Yes.

func button
(Output) OnPressed > light > Toggle
(Spawnflag) Don't Move
(Spawnflag) Damage Activates

I created a new func_button for this. Use its Delay Before Reset time to specify how soon the switch can be pressed again (default is 3 seconds). You can use :nodraw:, not :trigger:

The advantage of using one button and the OnPressed output, aside from efficiency is that it can also be used on servers that have tf_allow_player_use 1 (lets players use the +use command like in other games). Especially good for Deathrun maps, where a good activator can instantly trigger a trap without the delay of a melee swing.

If you want the light to be turned off when the map starts, enable its Initially Dark flag.

KlashFire

L1: Registered
Sep 2, 2015
Yes.

func button
(Output) OnPressed > light > Toggle
(Spawnflag) Don't Move
(Spawnflag) Damage Activates

I created a new func_button for this. Use its Delay Before Reset time to specify how soon the switch can be pressed again (default is 3 seconds). You can use :nodraw:, not :trigger:

The advantage of using one button and the OnPressed output, aside from efficiency is that it can also be used on servers that have tf_allow_player_use 1 (lets players use the +use command like in other games). Especially good for Deathrun maps, where a good activator can instantly trigger a trap without the delay of a melee swing.

If you want the light to be turned off when the map starts, enable its Initially Dark flag.
eh, I was being stupid and completely forgot that the toggle output existed. thanks man!
gonna try the onpressed instead of ondamaged.