CTF Mach Final

Vilepickle

1. Vilepickle

Vilepickle L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a remake of the ETF and Q3F map Mach. The QWTF original was by "Someone", who also worked on the original 2fort5r.
    Mach has been played in the CEVO, STA, TGL, TWL, and UGC leagues.

---

I have several final maps in the old archive of TF2M, so I'm reposting them in the main workshop area since that's where they should be these days.

I don't currently have plans to revise Chaos unless popular demand... demands it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Pocket

aa Pocket When all you have is Hammer...

Positive Ratings:
    Since this thread is here, I may as well bring up that I always hated playing offense on this map because the snipers were so overpowered. And considering three out of four official CTF maps have prominent sniper decks, that's saying something.

I'll say this, though: It was one of the few custom maps at the time with decent detailing. It looked like a polished, finished product (although using dynamic props inside just to get the sharp shadows was, as I'm sure you know by now, not a good idea). I didn't even know it was a remake of anything until pretty recently.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. sitebender

sitebender L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've actually played this map on a server, its not bad. Now I'm testing it with bots. The poor bots with the briefcase can't get up their stairs. The previous poster is right about the snipers. The details are nice, signs, clocks, and stuff on the wall all look good and like they should be there. There are broad hallways coming to the intelligence rooms that I feel can bennefit from some clutter, like oil drums. The intelligence room feels a little clusterphobic, but maybe that's how the Quake 3 version was.

Pyro is a very fun time in this level with airblasts :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. cool_myll

cool_myll L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Really like this map and i am begging, every chance i have Vilepickle to convert his arena_mach to koth_mach

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Vilepickle

Vilepickle L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Interesting story about the dynamic props... back when I originally made this map I was incredibly new to Hammer and Valve's SDK, coming from the Q3/Doom 3 engine, and didn't even realize the difference between prop_static and prop_dynamic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. HQDefault

HQDefault L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I played an arena version of this on randomizer C: