luque

luque

L1: Registered
Mar 4, 2010
Hey all,

After several years of making maps in Unreal I've come over to the darkside and want to try my luck on a tf2 map :). I've already dug through the tutorials section and can't wait to lose my hammer virginity.

I would like to make some kind of progression thread but unsure whether they exist here. Yes, I've seen both the wip in wip and the finished maps section, but didn't see any "user progression threads" which for example polycount has.

So is this something I've missed or is there any reason why there ain't any?

Thanks =)

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Hey luque,

The maps section is actually for both the WIP and finished maps.

Welcome!

luque

Mar 4, 2010
Ah alright thanks ;)

I browsed through about 5 pages and only saw finished playable maps, but I'll make one over there then ;)

tnx again!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, though some maps look finished, they'll be more like early/late beta stage testing. Usually people will block out in DEV textures and test the layout design's gameplay, this'll be your alpha testing. Then you add your details, this'll be your art pass or beta testing. Beta testing will usually iron out things like dodgey collision meshes on models and your 3dskybox etc.

P.S. UDK is the darkside bro, welcome to the SDK.

luque

Mar 4, 2010
Thanks ppl,

Indeed I was very wrong stating finished & playable right next to eachother. What I mean though is I dont see any layout or pre-mockup phases which I am certain everybody goes through.

Anyway you will see me in the wip section soon enough ;)

Happy mapping!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
You can stick those in the WIP section so long as you have pictures. No download is fine.