Resource icon

PL lucky_mc11 a1

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
lucky_mc11 - more time on logic than geo

I did it. I fixed my map. (thank you @pumpko for a post that highlighted my issue, and thank you @DrSquishy for helping me troubleshoot the other issues).
While this was unfortunately not completed in time for the microcontest, I'm releasing the version where logic is actually fixed and will have a playtest of it!

I realise there are a lot of flaws with this map, however I was initially aiming for the speed map as well as the bonus (multi-stage). very ambitious and only half regret it.

In the end I spent probably ~ 5? 6? (???) hours making the map with geo/lighting/clipping etc. This was overshadowed by the ~7 hours purely trying to get my multi-stage payload logic to work. As such I didn't really keep much track of time actually spent on geo, but I don't think I could possibly qualify for speedmapping, and certainly not for 'completing' it, but here is a functional, working map for you. I hope it's at least a bit of fun.

There's an easter egg, I really hope somebody spots it.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
I had copied path_tracks which led to some ugly recursion (crashed the map when it went to the stage with them)
I also had deleted a control point in a prefab I was using, and the outputs of another control point were still referring to this removed one. Since it's a parameter override, they don't show up as any errors in hammer, and the stage in question would not let me capture it when standing on it.