KotH Loutif A2

The third map I've made and posted.

1. Zelumie

Zelumie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    KOTH Loutif - The first map I've made up to this point that I hope plays decently.

If my memory serves me right, this will be the third map that I upload to this site. I hope that this fairs better than my previous attempts at making a map.

2. seanji

seanji L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    in ANY combat scenario it's important that players have a means of avoiding damage

the tunnel-like halls of Loutif leave no room for splash damage or flamethrower particles to be dodged, and spoil class balance

while Demomen and Soldiers will get plenty of kills due to the inherent choke-iness, they'll be deprived of their ability to blast jump due to the low ceilings, so Pyros will be the only players having fun here

these corridor mazes are bad for navigation as well, it's difficult to tell where you are on a map when every turn is identical, i recommend connecting areas with space where fights can actually happen, rather than long winding brushes

your map shows potential in its more open areas, so it's a shame that these uninspired corridors let it down

3. Zelumie

Positive Ratings:
    I have a few ideas on how to address the problems you've mentioned. I'll implement them when I get around to updating the map.

4. Zelumie

Positive Ratings:
    A2 Changes:

*Many of the hallways have been more opened up and have more room.

*There is now two new routes for each team's side of the map connecting to the outside area near the point.

Read the rest of this update entry...