Lost Map ;-; Pls Halp.

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
After some long tedious hours of refining and fixing... I came to a problem: "Out of memory loading solid." I don't know how to fix it, and I can't access my map anymore... Error Loading File
File C:\Users\Connor\Desktop\Hammer Maps\koth_canyon_a3.vmf, line 34942: error 7
is what it says... Halp ;-;
Here's my last compile log. It looks pretty fishy.

materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\Connor\Desktop\Hammer Maps\koth_canyon_a3.vmf
Brush 11300: parsing plane definition
Side 0
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSNODRAW

8 threads
reading c:\users\connor\desktop\hammer maps\koth_canyon_a3.bsp
Error opening c:\users\connor\desktop\hammer maps\koth_canyon_a3.bsp

[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[56 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\connor\desktop\hammer maps\koth_canyon_a3.bsp

materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\Connor\Desktop\Hammer Maps\koth_canyon_a3.vmf
Brush 11300: parsing plane definition
Side 0
Texture: TOOLS/TOOLSNODRAW

8 threads
reading c:\users\connor\desktop\hammer maps\koth_canyon_a3.bsp

[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[56 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\connor\desktop\hammer maps\koth_canyon_a3.bsp

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Don't worry, this error is easily fixable - you just have to know your way around a VMF opened in a text editor. Before you do anything, though, make a copy of the corrupted VMF in case you accidentally delete something you shouldn't.

Once you open the map in a text editor (I recommend Notepad++) find the line number mentioned in the error - 34942 - and look around for any solids containing coordinates with 1.#QNAN or -1.#IND. You should see something like this:

NPvwHfs.png

Remove the brush from your map by deleting the ENTIRE solid class. That's the word "solid" and everything from that first bracket to its matching closing bracket. Then, use CTRL+F to find any similar solids and delete those too. Once you've gotten all the invalid brushes, you should be able to open your map again and recreate them.

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, feel free to toss the VMF my way and I'll fix it for you.

Gatorix

L1: Registered
May 6, 2015
OMG Thank you! It worked! All that work has returned! Thank you so much. I honestly wasn't sure if I should have kept working on this. I slept on it and this magical response fixed everything! a3 is coming!

Last edited: