PL Lost Horizon

Oct 6, 2008
Version B7 is out

Custom plr hud is made should be working ok. Let me know if it's working right on your end :)

Last edited:

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Hi, Kill.

I know you did a lot of work on the HUD, and it's almost perfect (except for the Z-fighting and the fact that the last chunk of it is not used). I don't think the HUD is that useful in your map because both carts have an outline so both teams can see where they are and if they are being pushed. You could probably get rid of the Payload HUD to save yourself a lot of trouble.

cp_helmsdeep_v2 has two payload carts in it, and both of them have blue outlines. That map is a hybrid Payload/CP map, so its HUD has three capture points on it. When I play it, I don't really need to see payload cart progress, as a defender, because I only have those two objectives to worry about and I can see where they are by their outlines. Perhaps you could see what the author did in that map?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Note that if people are running dxlevel 81 they can't see cart or intelligence outlines.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Oh piss. Well that sucks bum.

I wonder if it would be possible to convert the payload cart pushing status in to a regular CP icon, so you can see the number of pushers. You could use custom icons for 'left cart' and 'right cart', and if you are able to squeeze in a third, one for the singularity device.

Alternatively, use your map to force people to stop using DirectX 8.1 and upgrade their computers. Like Apple does when it releases new software and services.

Oct 6, 2008
B8 released - custom HUD no longer does the z pattern - looks really nice now

Thanks for the input guys :) I'm still working on it - will take a break now before taking on the fixing the red glow item - will try to go into the game code for it :)

Oct 6, 2008
Yes - I'll probably do it - I'm just trying to figure out which ones to do - I wanted to get the game logic done first.

Do you have any real big offenders and if yes, which ones do you dislike and what type of item would you suggest I replace it with

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Any dense, or detailed texture that is used on large brush faces, like the big interior walls of the last room. For large walls, you should use textures which are not visually noisy. If you are worried about having large spaces of the same texture, you can use lighting and occasional bits of detail to break them up. For example, the lightmaps of upper sections of walls, and ceilings, will have shading on them because of point_spotlight and stuff, and shadows from bits of the structure, such as beams and pillars.

Oct 6, 2008
Version 10 released