Looking for someone that can make mvm .pop files

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by mazata, Jul 16, 2017.

1. mazata

mazata L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    The title kinda explains my question, I need someone's help to create .pop files for my mvm map before the mappers vs machines contest ends, the person who helps will be credited.

Add me here to discuss: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198104303163/

Have a nice day!

2. Grubzer

Grubzer L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Sir_Metaladon

Sir_Metaladon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    MVM.TF? Not on your life!!!! It's harder than coding the files from scratch!

With that brief rant out of the way, I'd love to help make .pop files for basically anything!
    I admit I am a REAL amature, but I have a solid understanding of MVM's workings code-wise and would love a small side project (or a large one, who cares) to work on.

Adding now!

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately the MvM contest already ended, so you're too late to enter.

If you would like to make the popfiles yourself, I recommend old.mvm.tf. Although I've never used mvm.tf, I've heard lots of bad things about how it doesn't work. I've never encountered a problem with old.mvm.tf, though- it is easily capable of producing working popfiles. Even though, I still recommend learning basic popfile syntax so that you can diagnose problems and make changes manually, as there are a few things that old.mvm.tf doesn't let you adjust, such as class icons.

5. mazata

mazata L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Why is everyone commenting on this now...... this post was made like 4 weeks ago when the contest was active...

6. Da Spud Lord

Positive Ratings:
    Idk why Grubzer bumped this, but I posted because I thought it was recent.

7. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Why would you use mvm.tf or old.mvm.tf? They are completely broken. I tried multiple times but it takes forever to get what you want and even then the finished pop files are useless

8. Da Spud Lord

Positive Ratings:
    Like I said, I've never encountered a problem with old.mvm.tf.