Looking for some rather specific reference pictures

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pocket, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea where to find reference photos for a map based partially inside a period-appropriate TV station building. Because I've had it in my head to do one for a while now, but it's not the sort of thing where you can just slap a bunch of random spytech theming together and call it a day. Google isn't any help, and I don't know where else one goes for reference pictures these days.

(And in case it wasn't clear enough, I'm specifically talking about the interior. The exterior I have a fairly clear mental picture of already.)

2. lazugod

lazugod L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    When was the BT tower built? that might provide some help.

4. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was thinking some of those older black and white television shows like I Love Lucy may have what you are looking for. I'm sure there are many other television shows that have scenes depicting what you want, but I Love Lucy was the only one I thought of.

5. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
  6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, that resource looks amazing, Rav.

I was gonna suggest looking into some period TV to catch some 60's architectural references. They're slightly easier to find than some images which could be called anything generic on the internet. I pulled most of my finalé design work for axle from the 60's nuke shelter at the end of Terminator 3.

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Dang, Ravidge. I don't know how useful those pictures are going to be, but that is one scary-comprehensive site. The constant namedropping of makes and models of equipment is going to really come in handy for doing further research, assuming I can find someone willing to make models of it all. Plus, this is awesome:

[​IMG]

It's almost too perfect.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Studio B!

[​IMG]

9. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Studio B for the Win!

Acutally, I think in some cases I think I remember old TV cameras just being set up on a regular theatre stage for interviews, concerts etc.

If you're going to build a map of a studio include one of these in it. :)

10. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    An important part is to have a fun gameplay. Just throwing props into a room does not do that.