Looking for early versions of valve-added community maps

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Livelong, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Livelong

Livelong L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    -- By request. Here's a list of the maps I have dug up. If you have on that isn't here, I'd like to have it.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/10qJ76DcqeDkhWIGGq6AJX4WWNsILiYeHHpsAV00SISw/edit
    ACTUALLY HAS RIGHT LINK THIS TIME

(apologies if format conventions aren't done right here)

Hey, folks. I'm liblung from Valve Archive. As you can guess, it involves archiving Valve things.

I'm here today to ask where I can find the early versions of maps (many of which I know were developed here) that were accepted by valve into the game.

I've looked around before, and haven't succeeded on my own in finding them; there's a few on rotabland.eu, the thread about the A1 versions of these I looked at (but the links are all dead), and I checked out a few of the TF2maps pages for these maps, which seem to all have their early revisions scrubbed.

Since they don't seem to be around, I'm here to ask where I can find these maps. It's a shame to lose the process by which a blocky A1 becomes a perfected RC1. Hope you can help!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. SnickerPuffs

aa SnickerPuffs (*single chuckle*)

Positive Ratings:
    We had a couple gamedays a few years back where we played some A1 maps.

Here's the idea proposal thread, and the threads for the first and second gameday.

Hope this helps you!

3. Livelong

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks!

4. Narpas

aa Narpas Takes way to long to make and update maps

Positive Ratings:
    A lot of older downloads were lost during the site migration in 2015, so there's a chance some maps older than 2015 might not have a download on the site. If you post a list of what you still need though, someone may have an older .bsp lying around on their hard drive that they could share with you

5. Livelong

Positive Ratings:
  6. iiboharz

aa iiboharz eternally tired

Positive Ratings:
    For what it's worth Doublecross & Gorge aren't community maps, they're Valve made.

7. Livelong

Positive Ratings:
    What's the difference between valve and community anyway? They're both people, they both use keyboards, they both use mouses. And they do that because of mental impulses. Basically the same. (ok i corrected it.)

8. seth

aa seth

Positive Ratings:
    Valve doesn't release the public A1s you're looking for? That seems to be the most relevant difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
  10. Livelong

Positive Ratings:
  11. Freyja

aa Freyja It hurt itself in it's confusion!

Positive Ratings:
    here's suijin a1 and the earliest version of mossrock (then named keikaku)

Attached Files: