Model Looking for cut Badlands props.

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by 404UNF, Jul 26, 2016.

1. 404UNF

404UNF No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Original thread purpose was for finding cut Badlands props and/or Elbagast's rocket models. I've since received Elbagast's rockets and have a friend who messaged me informing me he has the cut badlands props files, so that's good.

I'm still looking for any beta content, especially anything listed on my TF2 Scrapped Content Compendium page which is an expansive list of files that were present in dev builds of TF2 (found through reslists), and files that were removed from the game. I'm always adding new things I find to it.

If you or someone you know has copies of any of the files mentioned on my TF2SCC page (even if the particular file(s) isn't/aren't from the "CATEGORY: Scrapped "tf/models/props_badlands" Props" section) , please send them my way.

You can get in touch with me via the buttons in my signature or through these forums if you have an account.

Thanks!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Damn, I'm annoyed there aren't separate rocket models for each rocket launcher... though it's unlikely the author will never release them officially since he doesn't respond to questions about it (it's on the workshop but incompatible)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Infomaniac

Infomaniac L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Those rocket models need to be ingame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    when those were originally submitted valve said it was impossible because they couldnt add per-launcher rocket models

then they added a new launcher with a special rocket model

:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Infomaniac

Infomaniac L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Breaks my heart thinking about it.
    Edit : Found this :
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. 404UNF

404UNF No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Oh boy do I have a surprise for you guys then. I have the rocket models :D And I made a SourceMod plugin that I plan on releasing very soon that adds these rockets in.

I cross-posted this on GameBanana. Buddy N-Cog had a copy of one of Elbagast's old mods that added the rockets to viewmodels (don't think it works anymore), and then he did me a solid and ripped the rockets out of that mod and turned them into proper models. <-- This download of the models is the normal, unmodified versions. All the fixes I list below are not present for these models, but they're still usable for your mods and whats-and-such.

I've done a fair bit of technical polish work on the models such as fixing some VMT consistency issues, renaming the models (w_rocket_<type>.mdl), changing their directory (models/weapons/w_models/enhancedrockets), and I even fixed what I assumed was a particle position/rotation glitch as well. Here's the current positioning of the rocket backblast particle ingame.
    And here's after I tweaked one value in the QC file (taking the initial -9.64 Z co-ord, then I did 9.64 * 3 = 28.92. Changed that Z co-ord to "-28.92" and changed the rotation's "90" to "-90" and wouldn't you know who won the pony. It looks better (not pictured: RED or BLU Direct Hit rocket, Cream Spirit BLU Rocket Jumper rocket that I discovered the existence of in the files' textures even though the actual Rocket Jumper ingame isn't cream spirit team-colored)

^- These "fixed" models will be the models I include with the SourceMod plugin for servers, since the plugin is going to be called "Enhanced Rockets".

There will be convars in the plugin including allowing server operators to choose if they want normal green Direct Hit rockets or team-colored rockets, and whether they want just the normal cream spirit RED texture for the rocket jumper rocket, or if they want that rocket to be team-colored as well. I'm always down for adding customization options.

Oh, and that Pyro's Reserve Shooter...if it's the exact same model, but different skin, they could add it as a "Skin 1" on the model, and just do a class check and weapon check. If class = pyro && weaponid == <reserve shooter item index> then do what I do in my Enhanced Rockets plugin and set the "m_nSkin" entity property like so:

Code:
    SetEntProp(iEntity, Prop_Send, "m_nSkin", 1);
    Tada. Even changing the rocket model is easy;

Code:
    #define ROCKETMODEL_ROCKETJUMPER "models/weapons/w_models/enhancedrockets/w_rocket_rocketjumper.mdl"
    SetEntityModel(iEntity, ROCKETMODEL_ROCKETJUMPER);
    Derp. C'mon Valve. Only problem is, Elbagast never did a Beggar's Bazooka rocket or Festive Rockets/Festive Black Box Rockets. jesus could you imagine skinned rockets that match the rocket launcher's skin? How horrifying. Please Valve ignore that rocket projectile decorated skin idea, it's a bad idea.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017