Looking for a prop-dynamic or payload cart with features like the MVM-tank.

Belli

L69: Deviant Member
Jan 21, 2012
Hello there. So, we already got an alternative payload mode with lil chew-chew, which can basically kill anyone in its way.

What I'd be interested in is another variation where it functions like the MVM-tank: Basically unstoppable, pushing anything in its path away, but only hurting players when they're jammed against a wall.

Any idea how that'd be feasible`?

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Wouldn't that mean BLU would win every time because the cart can't be stopped?

Belli

Jan 21, 2012
Wouldn't that mean BLU would win every time because the cart can't be stopped?

Let me rephrase that: The cart can't be stopped by defenders standing next to it, they have to kill all BLU's on the cart to stop it. If a RED stands in front of it, he'll just get pushed away, but not killed, unless he's getting jammed into a wall.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
You can't do that. You would need an entity that counts the number of players in a specific team. There is no such entity.

And this is ignoring the fact that it is a valid strategy to just stand in the way. And it is related to some achievements too.

Belli

Jan 21, 2012
You can't do that. You would need an entity that counts the number of players in a specific team. There is no such entity.

And this is ignoring the fact that it is a valid strategy to just stand in the way. And it is related to some achievements too.

I see...how about some kind of prop_dynamic that's not connected to any objective, would that work?

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009

No, I'm certain there is a way to do this with entities. Sounds simple unless I misunderstood something. trigger_multiple together with filter_activator_tfteam and math_counter can achieve that (but I don't think you'd even need to count the number for what OP is trying to do)

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
If you set it up exactly like the payload but made it so that red cannot block capture it should work?

Whether or not the bots will realize they need to push the cart is another question, but if you made it a cap point it just might work?

You'd need something else to signify the end of the round, though.

Wander

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2010
It's possible to do it the way trotim said, I've done it this way once as a small mini game in a zombie fortress map

But as main-objective, I'm not really sure if it adds much extra to the game
The only difference with normal payload would be that red can't stop the cart by standing close to it, which would really just cause confusion

A negative effect of doing it with triggers like that would be that you can't make the number of cart-pushes appear in the payload-hud, and that scouts and paintrains wont have the 2x capping speed effect