Looking For A Map Modeler (Destroy The Statue)

ngulezian

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2010
So ya, I am looking for a map modeler. I don't know how many of you rememeber / saw that game mode I thought of a little while ago called "Destroy The Statue" on the steam forums. Well anyways, the modder I had, ended up getting to busy, so he had to say needed to stop. So, I am looking for another modeler.

I would be looking for the modeler to make the map / mode I thought of, as well as maybe going through my map to make some neccessary fixes.

Destroy The Statue can be found here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151780

Though it is now locked.

Also, once I get a map made, I would be trying to get a server up running the map / mode. (and other regular games as well)

But ya, if anyone is interested, PM me so we can talk, and once I have someone who will do this for me, I will go over what I have made to see what the modeler can do.

And for those of you who think they would be doing this just for me, Dont Worry, I would be / am givving you full credit for making the map. I mean, I'm not the one modeling it so...

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think instead of getting someone else to make your map for you, you should try and give it a go yourself, just block it out simply and get a simple game-type working before you go around and recruiting others, that way people can see that the game has potential and will work. Also, generally people who just join the community and ask people do do stuff for them, don't really get very good results and are unlikely to be able to recruit. If someone like YM or ABS asked someone to work with them on a map idea, then people will come flocking, but since you have little to no history modding for TF2 (that people really know about anyway), and you want them to build the actual map with just a few basic ideas from yourself, you probably won't get that much interest. I'm not trying to bag you out or anything, just giving you the facts.

In conclusion, you would be better off getting help from people to improve your mapping skill (look through the tutorials on this forum for some great help with mapping, or post a question) and build it yourself, that is the main idea of TF2maps.net anyway, to learn how to, and build your own maps, not get people to do it for you.

ngulezian

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2010
I think instead of getting someone else to make your map for you, you should try and give it a go yourself, just block it out simply and get a simple game-type working before you go around and recruiting others, that way people can see that the game has potential and will work. Also, generally people who just join the community and ask people do do stuff for them, don't really get very good results and are unlikely to be able to recruit. If someone like YM or ABS asked someone to work with them on a map idea, then people will come flocking, but since you have little to no history modding for TF2 (that people really know about anyway), and you want them to build the actual map with just a few basic ideas from yourself, you probably won't get that much interest. I'm not trying to bag you out or anything, just giving you the facts.

In conclusion, you would be better off getting help from people to improve your mapping skill (look through the tutorials on this forum for some great help with mapping, or post a question) and build it yourself, that is the main idea of TF2maps.net anyway, to learn how to, and build your own maps, not get people to do it for you.
ok thanks, I really appreciate your support. I'll see what I can do with making a rough version. I'm not the best with modeling (yet anyways) so I'll just give it a try and have some practice.

Nov 14, 2009
Just a note on roles:

Mapper is a person who makes maps
Modder is a person who makes mods
Moddler is a person who makes models.

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009
I read your thread, and I have a few issues with your ideas:

Adding a shield that blocks damage to the statue makes your gamemode almost the exact same as regular CP. You might as well just remove the statue and replace it with a control point if you're going to do that.

Adding more control points or a payload cart complicates things. Assuming people don't just get confused and leave instantly, the added sub-objectives would be unbalanced and gimmicky.

I think your best bet for balancing the gamemode and making it fun is just a nice layout design. Getting rid of sightlines to the statue will take care of most spam issues, and to keep it interesting just add heights. Attacking the statue from below or above would make actually destroying the thing more difficult, and could make the fight more interesting.

If you keep the statue open, give it some extra health, and give defenders some advantages, I think this gamemode could be pretty fun.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
we can do the hairsplitting when we're all hired and see how each company handles and names their available positions, can't we ;)