Looking for a certain tutorial.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Achroite, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Achroite

Achroite L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    First of all, hi. This is my first post so I thought I'd get that out the way.
    I also apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, an admin can move my thread if this is so.

Okay, so I'm an experienced level designer, I've mostly made maps for other source games. Due to a recent addiction to Team Fortress 2. I thought I would love to make a 5 Point Control map for it. Here's my problem.

I know just about everything I need to know about hammer for this, I see tons of tutorials for a 'beginner' which cover the level design side fine. But this is not what I'm looking for.

I want to know the 'theory' of one of these maps. For example how many health spawns, typical features and such. I can't seem to find one anywhere. I would love if someone has a link to a tutorial on this. I would be very appreciative.

Thank you so much,
    Achroite.

tl;dr
    I'm looking for a tutorial around the 'theory' of a 5 point CP map.

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    nodraw.net

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Achroite

Achroite L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you so much, you don't know how much I appreciate this. These articles are gold dust.

I appreciate this, thanks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1