logic_timer Random Questions

Stickeyjam

L2: Junior Member
Jun 2, 2009
I have a bunch of env_explosions placed around my map that I want to go off seperately at random times. I am currently using 1 logic_timer for each env_explosion but was wondering if there was a way to maybe use just 1 logic_timer to do this? I don't think there is but i'd thought i'd ask :)

Jan 8, 2011
1 timer with a bunch of logic_relay's might work, though it might just make all the explosions go off at once.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm guessing you are already using the "random time" function of the logic_timer? I don't know how many "a bunch" is, but logic_case can support up to 16 outputs that can be randomized.

All you need to do is put in an OnCase## output for each of your explosions, then have the timer send PickRandom to the logic_case and it will select a random output that has links and fire it. The PickRandomShuffle inputs ensures each individual output is fired once before any are repeated.

If you have more than 16 explosions, you can either chain the logic_case (one case that picks between two other cases, which then pick the explosion), or just have another timer and case.

GreenLemon

L1: Registered
Feb 18, 2017
use the FireUser OnUser system , you send 1 output FireUser , and multiple OnUser recive it , and you can put delay on each of the OnUser

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
use the FireUser OnUser system , you send 1 output FireUser , and multiple OnUser recive it , and you can put delay on each of the OnUser
Sir.

Look at the last reply date next time please before posting. Like, how did you find this 6 year old thread in the first place?