logic when making a ultiduo map

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

unkle

L1: Registered
Sep 11, 2018
currently working on a ultiduo map but i have 0 experience on making a ultiduo map and was wondering how i should set the cap times , rules and logic ? can anyone with experience in ultiduo mapping give some advice ?

G.bo

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 24, 2017
As somebody who's played ultiduo a lot and have considered making maps for it myself, I'll try and give you my two cents in on it.

First off, let's talk rules and logic. If I can recall correctly, the middle point opens up after about 5 to 10 seconds of the round starting. Each team's timer starts at 5 minutes, and it should take roughly 10 to 12 seconds for one person to capture the point. Respawn times (if I'm remembering correctly) is about 10 seconds for defenders and 4 for attackers. I'll need to check my memory on the logic, but that sounds about right.

If you need anymore information, let me know: I'll try and help in anyways that I can.

unkle

L1: Registered
Sep 11, 2018
wow thanks! im quite new at this "logic" in hammer, trying to figure out what this input does etc. however i dont really know how to set spawntimes for attack/defence sides but i think i can figure out the team timer and cap times myself.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
The respawn timers are set using the Set(Red/Blue)TeamRespawnWaveTime inputs on the tf_gamerules entity.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Just fire that input from the OnCapTeam# (1 for Red, 2 for Blu) output on the trigger_capture_area of the control point.

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Important note for respawn times! Respawning in TF2 is handled by respawn waves, where the game waits to spawn multiple people at once. This means that a player not have to wait for another wave to happen to respawn, depending on three timing of their death. While there respawn wave time you set in tf_gamerules is the minimum time it takes to respawn, players may have to wait up to twice that time, plus time for the deathcam. To read up a bit more on respawn times I suggest checking the wiki page