logic when making a ultiduo map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by unkle, Sep 12, 2018.

1. unkle

unkle L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    currently working on a ultiduo map but i have 0 experience on making a ultiduo map and was wondering how i should set the cap times , rules and logic ? can anyone with experience in ultiduo mapping give some advice ?

2. G.bo

G.bo L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    As somebody who's played ultiduo a lot and have considered making maps for it myself, I'll try and give you my two cents in on it.

First off, let's talk rules and logic. If I can recall correctly, the middle point opens up after about 5 to 10 seconds of the round starting. Each team's timer starts at 5 minutes, and it should take roughly 10 to 12 seconds for one person to capture the point. Respawn times (if I'm remembering correctly) is about 10 seconds for defenders and 4 for attackers. I'll need to check my memory on the logic, but that sounds about right.

If you need anymore information, let me know: I'll try and help in anyways that I can.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. unkle

Positive Ratings:
    wow thanks! im quite new at this "logic" in hammer, trying to figure out what this input does etc. however i dont really know how to set spawntimes for attack/defence sides but i think i can figure out the team timer and cap times myself.

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    The respawn timers are set using the Set(Red/Blue)TeamRespawnWaveTime inputs on the tf_gamerules entity.

5. unkle

Positive Ratings:
    watched some tutorials on this matter however i couldnt figure out how to make the respawn times change when a team is either defending or attacking

6. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    Just fire that input from the OnCapTeam# (1 for Red, 2 for Blu) output on the trigger_capture_area of the control point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Narpas

aa Narpas Takes way to long to make and update maps

Positive Ratings:
    Important note for respawn times! Respawning in TF2 is handled by respawn waves, where the game waits to spawn multiple people at once. This means that a player not have to wait for another wave to happen to respawn, depending on three timing of their death. While there respawn wave time you set in tf_gamerules is the minimum time it takes to respawn, players may have to wait up to twice that time, plus time for the deathcam. To read up a bit more on respawn times I suggest checking the wiki page

• Thanks Thanks x 1