Location of Frontline VMFs

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by REDHOT, Dec 10, 2017.

1. REDHOT

REDHOT L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've downloaded and installed the Frontline content pack and everything works perfectly in the hammer editor (all props, materials e.t.c are there) However I cannot locate the tech demo or asset / prefab "zoo" .VMF files anywhere. I downloaded the pack from this site: http://frontline.tf/pack.html (the official page). Any help on where they're lurking would be much appreciated!

2. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Mine got in /tf/mapsrc/ (that isn't the real mapsrc that is in sourcesdk_content/).

3. REDHOT

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm well all I have in my sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc directory is a few standard Prop library VMFs and a standard gamemode mechanics one. Nothing about any frontline content. Maybe it saves in different places for different people? If you know the name of the tech demo VMF, I could search for it that way - thanks.

4. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    I literally said it's not the one in sourcesdk_content. It's the one in Team Fortress 2/tf/mapsrc.

edit: file names:
    frontline_demo.vmf
    frontline_explosives_prefabs.vmf
    frontline_tzu.vmf

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    The frontline 'install' is just a zip. It'll put it wherever you extract it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. REDHOT

Positive Ratings:
    Oh haha sorry I misread the term inside the parenthesis. After re-extracting the .Zip I managed to locate all three - many thanks to you two :D

• Like Like x 1
Tags: