Localised Fog?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by HueZee_, Aug 21, 2019.

1. HueZee_

HueZee_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi peeps i'm working on a multi part map and i was wondering if there are any ways that fog can be specified to only certain areas rather than the entire map contents.

is it possible to exempt an area from fog?

2. Maid

aa Maid Maid Café Owner

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can make fog change depending on specific areas.

However, if it's a multistage map and you want each stage to have different fog values (not changing within a single stage), then you can send inputs to the env_fog_controller entity upon the stage changing, which should produce the same effect.

3. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    You can fire the SetFogController input to players if you want it to change depending on where they are - I believe a trigger_multiple with only the Clients flag checked, firing OnStartTouch !activator SetFogController <fog controller name in the param. override box>, should work

4. HueZee_

Positive Ratings:
    Oh neat! yeah i hoped if there was any way it would work it would be something like that, but thats good to know, thanks for your certainty, my fellow hammerers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HueZee_

Positive Ratings:
    would this method be able to set the fog specifically to the !activator client side? or will it affect all players simultaneously?

6. FloofCollie

aa FloofCollie asshole

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty certain 2fort actually changes fog via triggers per client - I could be mistaken, but you could check the vmf.

7. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    It is clientside