Livestock

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
yet another ctf contest entry. I havent had much time lately so I am a little late with showing my map. This is still pre-aplha, so dont expect everything to be there.

Try it, now.

oh and somehow tf_bots dont seem to do anything (yes i did nav_Generate)

EDIT: forgot to mention, the little twist for competitive. return timer is only 10 second and you cant can pick up an intel until both are at the starting location. (resulting in one clear attack or defend goal)

Last edited:

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
aw man....

mine is farm-themed too!

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
if you want to try with bots - and it's Koth they work with not CP in my experience, make a temp koth entity gameset up using a point - then spawn the bots and practice :) Stick the ctf ent's in a vis group and switch off for compile. that's what i've done. works well.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
This map has some major issues which you'll be able to see in the demo. For the mass majority of the round, our team (RED) where able to easily spawn camp BLU's spawn mainly due to the wide doorway looking directly into the lobby area within spawn where the team can choose one of the two exits.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
This map is far too open for its own good. Not to mention, the spawns were entirely exposed to attack. Adding a door would make spawncampers unable to tell what was going on.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Spawncamping was fun! :p

Seriously though, this is massive. Its size could easily be halved and it would be a good map, save for the sightlines. You could see from intel room to intel room, not to mention from the intel room to the spawn and vice versa.

Not a bad layout, but visibility has to be blocked drastically.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too open. Scale it down, maybe 1/2 the size. The spawn room could be locked down, which then led to the game being lost by us 37 - 5

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
gameday:
First time playing the map, first impression out of the spawnroom was: woah, high ceilings.. also very open.

It has a similar layout to turbine, but with a house in the middle.
There are a few issues here that are obvious:
Sniperline right into enemy flagroom from your own balcony.
Very open, in all directions. meaning a sentry can get gunned down from anywhere.
Very easy to control the enemy team once you've managed to take over the flagroom.

First of all I would scale everything down, and by this I mean rebuilt the entire map but make it more compact and interesting (while not restricting movement), keep the layout for now but with some quick fixes to the huge sniperlines (I'm sure you can see them too). Make it harder for a team to get a hold of the flagroom, the main issue here is that the attackers(!) have the height advantage, so defence is basically screwed.

I'm being quite harsh I know, but better honest than unhelpful. I hope you take my feedback the right way.

I mean, any map where I can get 32:2 in K/D ratio and 10 captures (as scout) needs to be fixed. Was fun dominating everything though.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Well not too much to add, since it was said severals times. I might add that you should avoid the design that let people coming from their spawn being at a disadvantage when walking into their own intel room. The sentry the other team could place into the upper ground was devastating .

Too long and large corridors made it a scout/sniper dream. AS fot the spawn room, I don't mind its height or dimensions. Just make sure ressuply is at a fair distance and that people don't get the feeling of walking uneededly.