LittleBigPlanet

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Has anybody played LBP yet? I have had it for awhile, and am loving it. The Level creation is awesome because: 1. You can upload the levels to an online server very easily, and 2. The level creator is about as in-depth of a level creator as you can get without being Hammer.

It is very interesting, because the level creation is both different than and very similar to mapping for Hammer. I know that sounds weird, but it is really cool how I could easily tell a mapper how to use it, and he would be able to get it immediately. I only went through the tutorials because it gives you items.:thumbup:

Anyone that likes platformers, mapping, or both, should check it out (if you have a PS3 that is). I find that it is fun, because I can come up with levels that take a week or two to create, instead of a 6-month+ process. The only problem I can find with the game is that people in the comments section just spam their level saying "5-star my level". Like having the highest rated level will do anything :glare:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I might get a ps3 just for this. And perhaps the lastest GTA even though i've completed that and the only two other games i fancied getting a ps3 for (Resistance 2 and some other space game where you shoot the limbs off aliens).

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
grazr: The last one you mentioned is Dead Space.

I have LBP too, I actually bought a PS3 just for it. I wasn't very impressed with the single player mode, and the fact that the online mode is littered with "my first level"s really pissed me off. So much, in fact, that I decided to wait a few months and see if the online stupidity had died down...which reminded me that "a few months" have passed now, so maybe it's time to check it out again. After all, the editor is amazing, if a little bit fiddly.

S3BB0_L1C1OUS

L3: Member
Nov 2, 2008
The game's awesome and I got a PS3 not quite just for it, because I use the blue-ray player and media server more.

Currently though I hate the game because I'm in the Ninja Level (first one) and its just way too difficult!

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
grazr: The last one you mentioned is Dead Space.

I have LBP too, I actually bought a PS3 just for it. I wasn't very impressed with the single player mode, and the fact that the online mode is littered with "my first level"s really pissed me off. So much, in fact, that I decided to wait a few months and see if the online stupidity had died down...which reminded me that "a few months" have passed now, so maybe it's time to check it out again. After all, the editor is amazing, if a little bit fiddly.

whats cool is if you go to the profile LittleXim, you can look at that profile's hearted levels. That profile is the company that made the game, so you can play the levels they think are fun

Zmathue

L2: Junior Member
Aug 3, 2008
whats cool is if you go to the profile LittleXim, you can look at that profile's hearted levels. That profile is the company that made the game, so you can play the levels they think are fun

Wow. I was about to tell him the same thing, I just found out about that profile today :)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
There was a starship troopers level, metal gear level and bioshock level that were pretty amazing when i played on my mates copy. But as you said, all the rest do seem to be "i don't know what i'm doing but here it is".