KotH lithp

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Zwiffle, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Zwiffle

Zwiffle L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Completely different from previous versions of koth_lithp, but I'm keeping the name anyway until I decide on a final name further down the road.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Tupperwits

Tupperwits L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's the BSP. file you need to upload.
    VMF. is for hammer

3. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    Hell yea rooftops. Other than the lighting I didn't have any huge problems with this map

4. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Played your map today and I'm pretty sure I left this in feedback, but I wanted to make sure you saw it. The spawn room needs to be changed in my opinion. It seems like it takes awhile to work your way out of it, and when you finally get out, you're not exactly in the best location. People like to get back to the action as soon as they can and fighting your way through spawn can really hurt the fluidity of the game.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Zwiffle

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to a2 -
    Lighting overhaul
    Spawnroom + Door changes
    Bottom path, side path + roof changes
    Some detailing
    New screenshots

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Zwiffle

Positive Ratings:
    Pretty big layout changes. People didn't seem to like how big the map was and wanted to see it more focused and smaller, so that's what I attempted to do while maintaining rooftop combat. Hopefully I can get it tested during Gameday or an impromptu sometime to see if people like the changes at all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Waffe

Waffe L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You could add more signage indoors, as it feels a bit maze-like without them.
    Good that you removed the back area, which was pretty unused during play. And I really like the visuals.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Grizzly Berry

aa Grizzly Berry

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, this looks like it'll play pretty different with the new mid. Looking forward to it! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Zwiffle

Positive Ratings:
    Completely changed the layout in a5, it's not even the same map really. It has a much more traditional layout now. If there are any playtests of this map, I'm looking for primarily how the layout feels. Previous versions were too large or too small, but always felt unfocused. This version should fix those complaints I think.