Model Liquor Chest 2018-10-04

Model of the Liqour Locker with the map removed, the chest resized, and made fit for prop_static use

1. VasyaTheWizard

VasyaTheWizard L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    The model of the Liqour Locker, with the bit of map sticking out removed, and the entire thing made roughly 3 times bigger.

Suitable for prop_static usage.

I didn't bother with collisions, just throw a clip brush around it.

Usage:
    • Place the Liquor Chest directory in your /tf/custom
    • The model should show up under /models/props_medieval/ as medi_chest.mdl

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  2. Yakibomb

Yakibomb L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey VasyaTheWizard, thank you for making this model. It works perfectly in the map I'm making, working as real chests with treasures in them.

I have one request, if I may. I wanted to ask if you can make this compatible with different skins? Or at least, if I may have permission to mod this model's texture? (I'll just say I wanted to make a gaudy Australium chest!)

Thanks again for taking the time to make this model.

3. VasyaTheWizard

Positive Ratings:
    It's just a resized version of the Liqour Locker's model (with that map removed). I didn't touch the texture at all, so it uses the same one as on the cosmetic item. If you want to add a different skin to it, you can either recompile the model yourself or post the texture in this thread so I can do it myself.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yakibomb

Positive Ratings:
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response.

Thank you for offering to add and compile it for me! I'd really appreciate it.

I haven't made a texture before, but I managed to get this to work. I deleted the paint capability in the vmt because I couldn't figure out how the vtf file worked to make the item paintable. In the original file there is an added mask layer or something that only paints a certain layer on the actual texture. I guessed that.

Anyway, this is the texture and the view in Hammer. (attachment has vtf+vmt, preview image and the GIMP file if you want to mod the texture at all for fun):
    liquor_locker_gold.png
    demo_chest_gold2.png

Thank you.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  5. VasyaTheWizard

Positive Ratings:
    I gotta say, that's a really nice texture you've got there. I'll recompile it later today if I have the time. The image you posted has the piece of map visible, should that be included in the model? The 'original' one I uploaded doesn't have it, but it could be included - perhaps even as a bodygroup?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Yakibomb

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, thank you! I thought my texture looked shoddy, like someone spray painted the whole chest. Haha.

I don't want the map at all. That said, I don't know what's easiest for you. I'll leave it up to you if you want to make it a bodygroup.

7. VasyaTheWizard

Positive Ratings:
    Phew, that took quite some time, I was busy with some things. Anyways, here it is. As with the first release, throw the Liquor Chest folder in tf/custom (delete the old one first). I have included the texture you provided as a skin.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Yakibomb

Positive Ratings:
    Wowwwow! Thank you!! I am so grateful you took the time to do this for me.

Really, you made my day.

• Like Like x 1