Lights Help Please :)

communic

L1: Registered
Jan 21, 2009
Hello

When is started to make maps i was allways aiming too high, So i thought i would make a duel map because they are small and easy (looks easy).

Ok, So i've got a round arena with a pit of water in the middle and two sniper huts up high for sniper fights, But the question is....How do i place lights and what values for the lights, So far i've tried light_spots with brightness of around 900 but it doesnt seem right, The lighting changes as you run around the arena and when you run out of spawn the arena is fully lit but when you run out the door its really ugly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Communic :)

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
That could be related to the textures you're using; a common mistake for a new mapper is to use the textures in the "model/whatever" directories.

In long: Those textures will change brightness depending on where the camera (or the player) is standing. Standing in shadow will cause the texture to darken, standing in light will cause it to brighten. You should consider, with great urgency, finding similar textures that don't begin with "model/"
In short: Don't use those textures!

communic

L1: Registered
Jan 21, 2009
Erhm, I cant find any other wood textures that havent got "model" in them :(

Wait, Yes i can xD. They just don't look the same :(

Thanks nubcake, it works now :) Much love to you <3

Last edited: