Lighting Issue

White Russian Bear

L1: Registered
Oct 30, 2016
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMTA5MDgzMDg4OTczOTg3ODQvMjQyMzk5MjU0MTQ2OTczNjk3L0RhcmtfTWFwLlBORyJ9.cKe8mHeB0F2DSXbERFZUO2_iS74

This is a map I've been working on for the past few months now, and so far, this issues hasn't occurred.

This changed occurred right after I added in some building details (these details are on buildings outside of the main playing area of the map).

I've deleted anything that might've caused this problem before (similar problems like this happened from the Mines I tested), but this kept popping up. I've deleted many things as tests, and this issue KEEPS HAPPENING! D:

If anyone has a idea as to what's causing this, I'd greatly appreciate and love the help.

I've already tried a point file to see if anything is going into THE VOID OF EMPTYNESS AND HALLUCINATIONS, but nothing showed up.

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Have you been using func_detail recently? There was a similar issue recently where a corrupted func_detail caused black brushes, but didn't affect prop lighting.

To fix this we moved all func_detail to world (shortcut is ctrl+shift+w as per that link). You can try moving all brush entities to world if func_detail wasn't the issue.

White Russian Bear

Oct 30, 2016
Have you been using func_detail recently? There was a similar issue recently where a corrupted func_detail caused black brushes, but didn't affect prop lighting.

To fix this we moved all func_detail to world (shortcut is ctrl+shift+w as per that link). You can try moving all brush entities to world if func_detail wasn't the issue.

Neither worked, sadly.

It still showed up as black, with only the props lit still.

White Russian Bear

Oct 30, 2016
-try selecting everything in the vmf and moving it around a bit
-make sure no lights are inside brushes
-if those don't work, try copying everything into a new bsp.

Tried that as well, still didn't work.

I have no clue what's making this happen, I actually deleted all the lights that weren't in spawn or near a rope system (like lights in/below props, which the props are "connected" with rope), compiled, still there. Replaced the lights. Still there.

White Russian Bear

Oct 30, 2016
Map origin being inside a world brush can cause this. Check for that too.

Thank you! That what was causing the issue, because I may have accidentally stuck it inside a warehouse building.

I wanna thank everyone else on here as well for the help, because not only did it fix some visual issues, it made the map compile faster as well.