Lighting Bug: Only props are affected by lighting!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TheAppleJhon, Oct 11, 2015.

1. TheAppleJhon

TheAppleJhon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So firstly i just want to say i am a complete noob, so this problem is maybe very easy to fix. I couldn't find any solution to the problem anywhere though, so maybe this is more rare?

My problem is that i was working on my first map, wich i am calling koth_gangwars. It's a pretty generic koth map (Again, newbie here!), but when compiling the map after adding some more details to the map, this suddenly happened:

[​IMG]

Here is the map with mat_fullbright 1, just for context:
    [​IMG]

The props are perfectly lit but the rest is not affected by the light at all!
    I have a light_environment that was working fine until now! I have tried creating the lights from scratch! It did nothing! Maybe i should try copypasting everything into a new map file? Ill try that for a start.

Here is the compile log for ya: http://txt.do/ay60d

Hope you guys can help me!

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    If moving everything to a new vmf doesn't work, check to see if the origin of your map is buried in something. Apparently that can sometimes cause this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TheAppleJhon

TheAppleJhon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    THANKS! moving the map so that the origin had a clear view completely fixed my problems! Didn't know that the origin was so important, but after watching some videos on 3d skyboxes i now see that it's important to know where your origin is! WOOHOO LEARNING!

4. MaccyF

aa MaccyF Notoriously Unreliable

Positive Ratings:
    you don't necessarily need a new vmf, selecting everything and moving it a bit has fixed this problem for me in the past.

edit: ninja'd

5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    I often have the origin outside the map and it is no problem for me at all. I guess it's just a bit glitchy with that