Light

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by charrly, Jan 31, 2012.

1. charrly

charrly L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Just a very brief and simpel question.

What do you guys think is the best way the light your map indoors without using light props?

I mean: I'm using a map where indoor area's are combined with outdoors. I would like to use only one light function to enlighten the whole area with the same light source, brightness and ambient etc. I need this because TF2 maps shouldn't have dark rooms, corners are passages.

2. Kiddnils

Kiddnils L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You could try to make many windows in your roof. But I don't understand why you won't use light props? If you will only use one light entity then you will have dark rooms.

3. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It sounds like you're looking for fullbright. Basically, don't put any light entities in your map, and the lighting will be constant everywhere. I can't understand either why you'd want a single light level though. :confused:

4. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Full right looks hideous though. Simply throwing standard light entities around the place can make a real improvement. My personal feeling is that you can get away with one every 256 units or so, making sure that every part of the map is lit.

5. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wasn't condoning fullbright, just suggesting it as an option.

Just do proper lighting. It'll look better.