light glow

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by grahamwolfe, Dec 14, 2009.

1. grahamwolfe

grahamwolfe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've spent the past 2 days reading forums, tutorials etc and cannot find the real answer to this.

Does anyone know how to add the lighting cone glow, i mean the actual thickness of the glow coming from a light. I have tried everything and im going insane trying to learn how to do this, i even copied the settings from the glow i saw from a light on 2fort and it didnt replicate properly.

I'm using light_spot

Graham

2. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Like that? Than it would infact be a light_spot.

Graeme :)

3. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    light_spot is the light emitting entity.

point_spotlight is the sprite/glow effect, and is probably what you're looking for.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  4. grahamwolfe

Positive Ratings:
    so if i use point_spotlight it will leave that glow in the room? im assuming thats a separate entity then

ill try it out, thanks

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Light_spot makes the actual light and casting shadows.

Point_spotlight is only the light cone. Both can exist seperately, but usually together

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. grahamwolfe

Positive Ratings:
    awesome i tried it out i cant believe it was just a different entity altogether and no one else could tell me this, anyway what do you mean they can exist separate but usually together? is there a way to tie both into one entity?

7. wiseguy149

wiseguy149 Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics

Positive Ratings:
    Nope they're separate entities.

And what he means is you can have just the cone effect without any actual lighting, or you can put the light in without the effect, but in almost every situation you will want to use both.