level 10 sound throughout an entire room?

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
I have triggered explosions going off in a circular room that I want fully audible, but when a player is lounging on the room perimeter the sound is too weak. My dilemma is if I increase the radius then the sound becomes audible through the walls to other parts of the map right? Also I've been using ambient_generic but I read on the valve wiki that it has many bugs. Does anyone have any bad experiences with ambient_generic or tried the alternative env_soundscape?

thanks
bob

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
(This is a bad way to do it, but the only solution i've come up with) is at each point, stack 3-4 of the ambient_generics.

(This is slightly better)
Open the .wav from the GCF and raise the volume there.

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. maybe my OP wasn't clear ~_~

like you know how a sound is loudest at the center and it decreases quadradically (I assume) as you walk away from the center? well I want a constant volume throughout an entire room, so whether you are standing at the edge of the room, or in the middle of the room, you will hear the same volume of sound.

teddyruxpin

Sr. Hygiene Technician
Mar 24, 2008
Why not put 3-4 triggers in that all play the same sound at the exact same time. Would that not give you the full coverage for the room you are looking for yet not go past the walls of the room.

-Teddy

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
As far as I know I/O doesn't really push the engine limits. It's the #entities.