Leaks in map But cant load point file !

oron

L1: Registered
Oct 9, 2015
Hey guys,

i always have leaks in my map that i cant find from my looking,
so i try load the point file to fix the leaks but it wont work..
always same issue it opens a browser window that searching for my pts file which i dont have!

**of curse i am trying to load the point file map after compile the map (uncheck vis and rad and run the game)

**i put entity in my map(info_player_start)..

what should i do? i tried to make just a simple box with a hole to see if it can find this leak and its making the same issue(opens a browser window that searching for my pts file which i dont have)

please help !

compile log:

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters:

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\ALL\Desktop\TEST.map" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Half-Life\valve\maps\TEST.map"

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qcsg.exe
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Half-Life\valve\maps\TEST"

qcsg.exe v2.8 (Jan 31 2000)
---- qcsg ----
entering C:\Program Files\Valve\Half-Life\valve\maps\TEST.map
CreateBrush: 0...1...3...5...6...8... (0)
CSGBrush: 0... (0)
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\cached.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\decals.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\fcontrol_wad.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\fonts.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\gfx.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\halflife.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\liquids.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\spraypaint.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\tempdecal.wad
Using WAD File: \program files\valve hammer editor\wad\xeno.wad
added 2 additional animating textures.
0 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qbsp2.exe
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Half-Life\valve\maps\TEST"

qbsp2.exe v2.2 (Dec 28 1998)
---- qbsp2 ----
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
LEAK LEAK LEAK
0 seconds elapsed

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Hi, there.

I'm gonna have to wear the Captain Obvious hat. Are you making a Half-Life map? As in GoldSource? Half-Life 1-not-Source?

In Source Hammer, we usually get an indication of the cause of the leak, if there is no point file, in the compile log. This compile log doesn't help us much, sadly. From what you describe, you should be getting a point file from a simple unsealed room with a single point entity. I think you would find better help in the #mapping IRC channel on GameSurge IRC. There are people there who are experienced with GoldSource. It's a very quiet channel so you will have to speak and wait for a response.

oron

Oct 9, 2015
Hi, there.

I'm gonna have to wear the Captain Obvious hat. Are you making a Half-Life map? As in GoldSource? Half-Life 1-not-Source?

In Source Hammer, we usually get an indication of the cause of the leak, if there is no point file, in the compile log. This compile log doesn't help us much, sadly. From what you describe, you should be getting a point file from a simple unsealed room with a single point entity. I think you would find better help in the #mapping IRC channel on GameSurge IRC. There are people there who are experienced with GoldSource. It's a very quiet channel so you will have to speak and wait for a response.
thanks but i cant understand what i should do right now .. im making non source half life 1 maps .
cant understand what i supposed to do right now in order to fix my problem ?

oron

Oct 9, 2015
ah, that takes me back~

Anyway, you should ask at a place that is actually using this engine instead of Source
can you at least answar this:
whenever im using Func_illumination it makes leak ... have any idea why?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
cant understand what i supposed to do right now in order to fix my problem ?
We can't help you, we are community for Team Fortress 2 mapping which uses the Source engine. Source and GoldSource (Half-Life 1) are not the same thing. You need to find a community that deals with GoldSource, like I said:
I think you would find better help in the #mapping IRC channel on GameSurge IRC. There are people there who are experienced with GoldSource. It's a very quiet channel so you will have to speak and wait for a response.
Or TWHL.