Leaks everywhere after importing and re-compiling cp_mercenarypark in Hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by teamwork.tf, Nov 3, 2017.

1. teamwork.tf

teamwork.tf L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So wanted to try to re-compile mercenarypark with some small changes. I have converted cp_mercenarypark.bsp to a vmt, to open it in Hammer.

When I want to re-compile the map to .bsp again, I can't compile the map because it tells me there is a leak. First it tells me it's a random gate (which is inside the map, can't be a leak right?), when I delete the object and re-compile I get the same error, but about another object in the map.

What is the problem here? I thought it might not be correctly within the allowed bounds? How can I see/correct this? Re-compiling ctf_2fort seems to work fine through the same method.

Attached Files:

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Bsp decompiling doen't produce a perfect vmf to recompile. Usually optimisation things break completely such as areaportals which then leak.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, decompiles are very hit or miss. Sometimes they work fine right away, sometimes they are completely broken. Usually there's always something to fix, though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ISPuddy

ISPuddy L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    you should replace all playerclip texture with nodraw texture
    cause when i open the vmf almost every brush had playerclip instead of nodraw

• Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 3
  5. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    That'd replace the ones that should legitimately be playerclip, though.