Leak ><

jabster

L1: Registered
Oct 7, 2008
Ok I have a leak in my map I created, I know what they are and how to fix them, but this one has me baffled.

Not sure which files to post so ill post all I can find with the right name :)

http://uppit.com/TPIU8H

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not sure you'll get much of a response to that, people don't like clicking generic links, especially those posted by strangers.

If you want to check your log for errors then this is an excellent resource that not only detects error's but tells you what they are, why they happen and how to fix them.

Just copy and paste your log into there and away you go.

You could just let us know what's up by taking the time to explain and we could gather what's wrong. Paste the offending error or what ever; there are some pretty experienced guys around here on the forums that will probably figure it out for you.

jabster

L1: Registered
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for your reply, I can understand where your coming from as personally I wouldn't download a file that was sent to me by someone that a has as little as posts as me.

Here is what I get when I compile the map.

Code:
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 11 2008)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\team fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.vmf
Patching WVT material: maps/jump_ledge/dev/dev_blendmeasure_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
env_cubemap pointing at deleted brushside near (896, 56, -56)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)
**** leaked ****
Entity func_button (1220.00 519.00 532.00) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1024.0 2560.0 -2748.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1024.0 2560.0 -300.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1024.0 2180.0 2128.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1024.0 2180.0 2220.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1024.0 2692.0 2212.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1536.0 2048.0 -236.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1536.0 3072.0 -236.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (2048.0 2560.0 -236.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
done (0) (87091 bytes)
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Compacting texture/material tables...
Reduced 215 texinfos to 110
Reduced 17 texdatas to 11 (619 bytes to 298)
Writing C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.bsp
6 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Mar 11 2008)
2 threads
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.bsp
reading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.prt
LoadPortals: couldn't read c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.prt

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Mar 11 2008)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\bmw99yam\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\jump_ledge.bsp
No vis information, direct lighting only.
Setting up ray-trace acceleration structure... Done (0.93 seconds)
2423 faces
3 degenerate faces
812035 square feet [116933056.00 square inches]
0 Displacements
0 Square Feet [0.00 Square Inches]
0 direct lights
BuildFacelights:     0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
Build Patch/Sample Hash Table(s).....Done<0.0974 sec>
FinalLightFace:      0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (5)
FinalLightFace Done
0 of 0 (0% of) surface lights went in leaf ambient cubes.
ThreadComputeLeafAmbient: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (11)
Writing leaf ambient...done
Ready to Finish

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
copy paste you're log in here
Than they show you the problems and give a solution to them

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Umm, he already knows he has a leak.

Load your pointfile (Edit>Load Pointfile IIRC), and see where it points.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
^ what he said, its just that easy, there will be a nice red line from inside your level to outside, throw a brush in the way of it escaping.