Leak that is tied to itself?

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by savageindigo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. savageindigo

savageindigo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Need help with this leak. I completely redesigned the level and there have been about 5 or 6 leaks that I have had to fix. I have fixed all of them, except this last leak.

Here's the log:

The hurt entity is actually not leaking, I guess its attached to the red pointfile somehow... except the pointfile is pointing to nothing, as is just sitting outside of the level. I attached a picture to show you guys...

Thanks for your help

2. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    It could be an origin of some entity inside the map that is outside the map.

3. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I've found that the pointfile has a rare occasion of being wrong. I'd say 90% of the time it points to what I need to fix, but sometimes I've had it completely go off in the wrong direction. Do your best to find the leak in that area, change it up a bit, compile, and see if the pointfile updates itself to better find your problem.

Otherwise, upload your .vmf and let us take a look at it. Hope you fix it.

4. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    I think it's the origin of trigger_hurt.

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Select the trigger_hurt, then Tools>Center Origins. The origin is the little white circle (2D) and blue sphere (3D) and that is what has to be sealed up for a brush entity not to leak, the whole actual brush can be outside if the origin is inside.

6. savageindigo

savageindigo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks you guys!! I reduced the size of my map, cutting the trigger hurt entity and I guess I cut it where the origin was outside the map... weird... thanks again