KotH Launchpad

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by LeNitrous, Feb 14, 2015.

1. LeNitrous

LeNitrous L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    KoTH map for Team Fortress 2 set in a Spytech/Launchpad/Badlands area.
    The two teams of Mercs are fighting over one rocket... Who will reach space first?

This map is heavily inspired by Half-Life's Questionable Ethics chapter.

Thanks to:
    A Boojum Snark for his Gametype Library and Prefabs

NOTE:
    koth_launchpad is my first publicly released map. Meaning, I have no experience for public playtests. I'd appreciate helpful advice to make my map a bit more appealing and balanced.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
  3. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    why is there a blu sniper in red spawn

4. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    It's a Spy, clearly.

5. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    That's not really a good thing. Flanks are essential to TF2 gameplay, and some classes are OP(or useless) without them.

6. LeNitrous

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to A2.

7. RaffRich

RaffRich L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I like the idea, but it needs to be improved.

My critics (Alpha 2):
    - The Wall and Ground Graphics are (except for the launch pad) just Placeholders
    - The administrator doesn't say "Control Point enabled" when the control point unlocks
    - I think, there are TOO MANY ammo and health kits in the lower part of the map.
    - You could add one health and ammo pack position to each side in the upper part of the map.
    - In the middle, the walls look like "cut off"
    - In some spots, its too dark.
    - The respawn room brush is not high enough, so Engineers can build Teleporters in spawn.
    - You should expand the respawn room brush so that Engineers cant build their buildings in the doorway. Also, create nobuild brushes in the other doorways.
    - You can look over the map by rocket- or stickyjumping on the roofs over the corner platforms in the middle of the map.
    - I dont know if its intentional, but you can camp on the "ramps" in the room after the lower respawn room.
    - Only the Red players can open the Red spawn doors, but Red players AND Blu players can go trough and vice versa.
    - You can build Buildings in some positions in spawn.
    - I dont know what this means, but if you play with bots, the console gets flooded with this entries (for BOTH teams):
    01: Can't compute incursion distances from the Blue spawn room(s). Bots will perform poorly. This is caused by either a missing func_respawnroom, or missing info_player_teamspawn entities within the func_respawnroom.
    02: Ignoring unreasonable position (1071.651489,811.640564,-16388.650391) from vphysics! (entity tf_ammo_pack)
    03: DataTable warning: (class info_player_teamspawn): Out-of-range value (-1.000000 / -1.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_vecNormal', clamping.

I discovered those on a local server with bots.

I also dont like that the two doors to the middle cant be open at the same time.
    I dont want to be offensive, but did you play the map yourself in TF2 or did you just made it in Hammer?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  8. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    These aren't really an issue when a map's in alpha stage.

9. RaffRich

RaffRich L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, I just wanted to mention that. Also I am new here.

10. LeNitrous

Positive Ratings:
    #1 - I'm looking forward to rebuild the map once more but make it a bit more spacious.
    #2 - I did actually play this without bots thinking that bots wouldn't provide useful information. Thanks for the feedback anyway!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. LeNitrous

Positive Ratings:
    BTS Update!

Mid has never been this spacious... Everyone loved the open mid since its
    . Added few covers at the sides. Looking a bit similar to lakeside.
    [​IMG]
    Still WIP

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. LeNitrous

Positive Ratings:
    Launcpad A4 Dev Post

[​IMG]
    Yep! Built from scratch once more. Had several problems with A3. This one looks familiar with an official map. Try to guess.