Launched a dedicated server, need map suggestions.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Funcootforever, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Funcootforever

Funcootforever L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Hello TF2Maps.Net, I'm Funcoot and I have recently started a dedicated server for another source related gaming community, http://www.facepunch.com. We strive to be heavily community driven, this means user created content such as maps and plugins. That means if you have a map you want tested or just put out there in general, you can come to us.

Right now, the server is pretty vanilla minus sourcemod. We removed KOTH from the cycel (due to popular demand). We are hoping to get some custom maps in the daily cycle and hopefully get enough to start a custom map day on the server, but in order to do this, I need some custom maps.

Please suggest to me some good maps, they can be any gameplay too. We will even accept custom KOTH maps. If you could also link to them this would be much appreciated.

If you would like more info on the server, the original thread is here.

Thanks in advanced!

2. Draser

Draser L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:

A little confused by your request here, since your asking for people to submit maps they want tested, and then you ask for good maps.
    While the two are not always mutually exclusive, the majority of unfinished maps can clear a server pretty quick.

as far as good custom map suggestions:

Payload

pl_halfacre
    Pl_Swiftwater
    pl_cashworks
    plr_panic

Ctf
    ctf_mach4
    ANY from http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=13316

Capture Point
    cp_toyfort_alt2

Random
    Pipeball

theres more great maps out there, these are just the ones fresh in my mind.

4. brick

brick L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  5. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    I'd love some testing on my current project, cp_triplet. Link's in my sig. ;)

As for other customs cp_stark and cp_coldfront are both strong contenders (off the top of my head).

6. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings: