CP Launch Pad

GimbalLock

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

First time posting. I wanted to make a map for my friends to play in so I made this multi-stage CP where we could fight 2 v 1. The map's designed to give RED the advantage at all times, though with BLU's shorter respawns and more team mates it should turn out ok.

Hope you guys like it.

Last edited:

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Not unless you talk to the user directly.

You said you made this map for 2v1. I'm not sure how it plays with that, so all I can say is that it looks very pretty.

We played it on a nearly full server, so any gameplay criticisms you find in that feedback list is based around that. It was extremely chokey, stage 2 and 3 were far the worst. 2-1 was nearly impossible for blue to cap, red always had such an incredible height over blue's single exit, and similar continued throughout the map.

As for what you wish to do with the map, that's up to you. I think it looks great, and I don't see why it wouldn't play well in 2v1 (Although, stage 3's long corridor would be nightmare to push out with vs even a single demoman).

GimbalLock

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2014
I think the feedback was spot on and I appreciate how everyone here is honest but constructive. I knew the map would be completely flawed from a layout perspective so I'm sure everyone on BLU had a miserable time.

However it was also a good opportunity for me to flex the beauty pass which I enjoy a lot more so it's good to hear it was at least nice to look at.

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
Amazing detailing, but don't you think that some areas look too clean? For example, like the concrete in screenshots 4 & 5? Maybe add some stain decals or overlays?