Last Control Point Not Unlocking

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Fl4r3X1, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Fl4r3X1

Fl4r3X1 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is my first post here so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

So, I'm having a problem with my last control points not unlocking when they should unlock. I have five control points in my map, three of them are neutral and the other last are owned by the Red and Blu team. What I'm trying to do in my map is have it so the last control point on either the Red or Blu teams point become unlocked once two of the neutral points have been captured, but when I tested it in game the last control point wouldn't unlock until all three of the neutral points had been captured. Everything I tried didn't seem to work so I was hoping that someone here would help me solve this problem I have.

I have two Math_counters, 6 Logic_relays, two logic_cases, and three neutral points.

Here is a list of the outputs for each entity.

Math_Counter, Blu Team
    Both my Red and Blu math_counters are the same the only difference is the names.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Logic_Relay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Logic_Case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neutral Control Points
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I appreciate the help in advance everyone. :)

2. edward0810

edward0810 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i think you can make 3 invisible points A,B,C
    i name your 3 neutral points X,Y,Z
    A's previous point: XY
    B's previous point: XZ
    C's previous point: YZ
    then change the owner of ABC if 2 of them are capped.
    then unlock if one among ABC is owned by one team

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Your logic looks sound, though needlessly complicated. The problem is the normal point ownership stuff is still in place. Set the previous required point on the base CP to itself, this tells the game logic that it has no requirement and should always be available - allowing your custom logic to take over.

To simplify your logic, you only need outputs for 1 and 2 points owned, because going from 2 to 3 or from 1 to 0 has no effect on the locked state. (and personally I'd just put the outputs right in the case instead of using a relay, since it will only be triggered from one place)

4. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I believe he was using 2 to 3 because he has a forward spawn that unlocks when all three are captured.

5. Fl4r3X1

Positive Ratings:
    I already tried that and all it did was it had the last control point unlocked from the start.

6. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    You need to send a SetLocked 1 to start with, too :)

7. Fl4r3X1

Positive Ratings:
    What entity do I need to send the SetLocked 1 to make last control point unlock? The control point itself?

8. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    When you set the CP to require itself (no requirement), as you said then it is always unlocked. So you need to do SetLocked 1 at the beginning of the round (logic_auto) to lock it the same way you are using that input to lock it when a team drops below two center CPs owned.

9. Fl4r3X1

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately it still wont lock the point when I tested it...:(