Laptop NO Hammer.bat file ?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Toxindude, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Toxindude

Toxindude L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys I was given a laptop and decided to install Steam along with CSS, TF2 & HL2. I also installed SDK problem is When I get into the TF2 common folder there is no hammer.bat file. I verified the game cache to ideas ?

Also when I launch anygame the video appears sideways and sometimes don't fit the screen ?

2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    First, common/tf/bin.

Your other problem might be the laptop itself, how new is it?

3. Toxindude

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I was going threw the commom/tf/bin. There are no .bat files at all but launching hammer from there worked. I just thought we were supposed to have .bat files now ?

Well its a couple years old at least its an HP which I don't particularly care for as I am custom built PC guy my self. I am just assuming that its the graphics card I mean its not really a gaming laptop top. I took it so I could edit maps in my spare time when I am away from home.

I also performed a dxdiag check and everything checked out.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  4. blablubde

blablubde L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    why are you looking for a bat file? why dont you use the exe?

the bat file has stopped working for me a few weeks ago and someone in the steam forums told me to use the exe now.
    works fine for me, no problems.

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\hammer.exe

5. Toxindude

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys well I fixed the sideways display issue no I have a kink in my neck lol.

You can scratch the .bat question I have resovled that as well.

6. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Because the bat checks if VPROJECT is set. Without it, hammer might not work properly.

:: Confirm VPROJECT variable is set
    call "%~d0%~p0check_sdk_env.bat"

7. Toxindude

Positive Ratings:
    I checked VPROJECT variable is there. I also did a system wide search and there is no hammer.bat. Everytime I launch Hammer it crashes after 15 to 30 secs. The RAM sucks in this laptop so I ordered more but I don't think thats the only thing contributing to this. I have also done a game cache check to no avail.

I was hoping to use this laptop during my down time to get some mapping done while away from home.

I am also seeing this in the common folder (hammer_20130615_154205_1_accessviolation.mdmp) WTH.