Landfall

CTF landfall rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Jivvi

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2015
I like the map, but the only problem is that instead of placing the intelligence in a specially created room (Similar to 2fort), they place it near spawn. This makes the Intelligence particularly hard to get, when an entire team can come at you from respawn. In this sense, the map feels like a destined koth or cp map, despite the fact it was specifically designed for ctf.
the intel position is probably the best one in the currect ctf rotation, all the other ones can be locked down by a single engineer and usually require an uber to even have a chance of extracting the briefcase. besides, there's literally nowhere for a koth point to go, let alone five points. if your suggestion is lopping off the tree at the height of the ring platform, that would turn the area into 2fort reimagined.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
A koth version could be interesting. You could have the cap area loop around the tree and have some coloured lights on the tree to indicate which team owns the point.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
A koth version could be interesting. You could have the cap area loop around the tree and have some coloured lights on the tree to indicate which team owns the point.
or have the tree be hollowed out, with a sick mini bar, and a disco floor

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Some nodraws?
2016-01-05_00006.jpg
2016-01-05_00005.jpg

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm starting to think this map promotes spawncamping, since each spawn room has exactly one exit. On the other hand, if you're not camping their spawn you're probably going to stalemate, so... *shrug* ...Ehhh?

Also

0D918AAFA9421AF9F3D6F8F3D279075DE9593DE8

This texture mismatch was probably intentional, but it's so subtle that it just comes off as a mistake.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I'm starting to think this map promotes spawncamping, since each spawn room has exactly one exit. On the other hand, if you're not camping their spawn you're probably going to stalemate, so... *shrug* ...Ehhh?

Also

0D918AAFA9421AF9F3D6F8F3D279075DE9593DE8

This texture mismatch was probably intentional, but it's so subtle that it just comes off as a mistake.

I have no idea if that was intentional or not. It's been so long.

I do think the spawncamping situation could be improved.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
I have no idea if that was intentional or not. It's been so long.

I do think the spawncamping situation could be improved.
If you can, i'd put in a sneaky entity to turn off on-cap crits. That's the biggest thing that promotes spawn camping to be quite honest. At the point where a team is spawn camping is the point at which the teams are stacked. Maybe one more spawn exit for the spawn behind the cap point would do good, can't really see it doing any harm.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
By the way, I was doing a bit of a flyaround to try to see if it would be possible to simply connect the two spawn exits (it wouldn't), and I noticed that not only is the floor texture thing I spotted also present in BLU's spawn, but BLU's other spawn room uses red floor tiles. I've already criticized this map for having poor color coding, but this is ridiculous.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
qHasCDT.jpg

Red floor texture in BLU spawn

J173j21.jpg
7zEagIs.jpg

Aren't there red skins for these barrels that you could use instead? It would help with the colour situation a bit.

gCvlqJ2.jpg

Speaking of which, maybe add some team coloured roofs? Not terribly major, but it could be helpful.

gPlI0hs.jpg

This room is distinctly red but it's on blue's side of the map.

bmS5ZnM.jpg

This one set of stairs on red's side of the map is missing clipping.

h3EpM7k.jpg

Extend the triggers for your spawn doors. I bump into them when leaving spawn as Scout and it's really annoying.

uFQN53I.jpg

There are a lot of faces around your intel area that you could easily nodraw.

The only place I think you could really get away with adding another spawn exit is in the non-spytech spawn room. There's space for it to exit out onto and there's enough space within the building itself.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I haven't noticed spawn camping being an issue. However I have had alot of problems securing the intel room because waves of freshly spawned enemies keep coming in. Some distance between the spawns and the flag would be nice.

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
I say the thuth!

You stated your opinion as fact without any reasoning, and bashed down a perfectly good map (perhaps not the best, but still good)

This seems particularly hypocritical given all the issues you've raised of people not providing useful feedback on your own maps.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
>Says it's a horrible ctf map

>map gets accepted in the game (lol).

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
Definitely my favourite CTF map, always fun! Love every game on it.
I do think there should probably be better visual indication that the boundary of the map stretches to the edge of the shack. It just looks strange, perhaps the fence could be extended to there or some other obstruction added?

Also, every small edge (I.E., the small edges outside) is unclipped. This has caused me a total of two deaths but i would still update it just to make the map that little bit better.
Also the top set of stairs in each team's spiral staircase room is unclipped.