Lame!

Artesia

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 11, 2008
Banner ads that expand themselves down and require you to click a microscopic X to return them to their correct size! I just had one keep expanding itself 3 times before it stopped...

Lame!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
We do not control what shows on the ads, its an ad network. Which ad are you talking about so we can block that ad?

The army ranger one?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
i havent really noticed them too often. i will see what I can do.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
ok. i changed some settings to try and avoid expandables, but it should take a few minutes.

thanks.

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
I think it was the army one... I don't really read them, I just look for the damned X :p
Thanks guys ;)

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
just had another one for the Taking Woodstock movie... Appears to be a rollover add, it expands when your mouse hits it, which is why it kept opening, after clicking the X I moved the mouse down to where I was trying to go in the first place... :( have to click the X then move your mouse around the side of the screen so you don't hit the damn ad again...

I would be a sponsor, but I don't trust paypal after they charged me for a bunch of stuff I didn't buy

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
they've officially taken over...

I've seen the Army one, Dove chocolates, Taking Woodstock, Snickers, Orville Redenbocker popcorn... probably more those are the ones I remember

Edit: just saw one for kinder care

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
I could donate, but I don't want to open a new paypal account

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009
I use an ad blocker, and I've never seen any ads whatsoever, rollover or otherwise. :O Would you be able to try that?

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
I feel like some sort of renegade... running from forum to forum trying to hide from the dreaded drop down ads....

Please no... not TF2Maps.net too!

...anyways, it is sort of frustrating, especially when I'm pretty sure they're not paying the site to take up that much extra space. I'd just do it the simple way and donate but I'm currently in no position to do so because of school and extra.

Artesia

Nov 11, 2008
I've always been too lazy to look for and try an adblocker or noscript, but this has driven me to it. after looking at them both, I'm trying out noscript, seems to work well so far

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
I don't use any.. But these fecking "astrological chart" things that make noise when you mouse over them might make me have to..

Last edited:

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
We do our best to keep the ads as unintrusive as possible. But please remember that these things are paying the bills ;)

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
My policy is to allow things and then block whenever I get something truly obnoxious... like flash ads with @%#$ing sound.

If I could, I'd allow source-based whitelisting. In other words, I'd block everything from ads.advertiser.com, except when it comes through a site I choose to support.

If only advertising networks would make it easier to block the obnoxious subset of their ads...

Bot190

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2008
I would block the ads, but i want to help support the site at least a little. But these expanding ads are very annoying.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
As I;m typing theres some ad of a kid eating a sandwhithc which means I can't even see what's here. It is rather frustrationg, but thanks for looking into it. Hopefully this is readable.