CP laguna2

H-land

L2: Junior Member
Jul 15, 2009
So with cp_laguna, the concept was simple: put a control point underwater and base a map around it. It was the first map idea I ever came up with; I simply knew it could be done but hadn't yet been. More than a few attempts were made at creating cp_laguna while I figured out the various reasons why an underwater CP hadn't yet been done. Unfortunately, none of them were made with nearly as much feedback as they needed.

So since cp_laguna's become unsalvageably detailed and complex, and since a fully submerged control point never really worked too well, I decided to try again one last time from the start--and to get proper feedback while the layout was easy to change.

So let's see how that goes.

Last edited:

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
I felt that the underwater point was a pretty neat idea. Although I personally found it somewhat confusing at first. Also under the bridges I found myself getting stuck in the broken fence constantly. I would like to play the map again and get better used to the map and give more useful feedback.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Personally, I'm not too fond about the middle point being in such deep water. Being unable to stand on the point is kind of hampering.

Apr 14, 2013
What is up with those trucks?

Underwater, the gameplay and balance are completely different. For example, look at 2fort, or even the tiny little pond in koth_lakeside. They completely change gameplay around them, and introduce new, non-standard strategies to the map.

Engineers tend to be OP underwater, since they can stay there forever w/ dispensers, teleporters are hard to notice there, and sentries... well, are OP as well.
Water makes pyro's weak unless they have the neon sign. (<- and then they become powerful and mostly annoying)
But still it may work. I didn't play the map. Just consider these things.
(There was some decent underwater map I remember playing. koth_watertower? koth_roundwater? I think Crash made it, and it was kind of balanced).

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
No. Never seen this one before. I reffered to the april fools day map, which had a cp on an elevator machinery, which got lowered down into the water once capped. There is no thread for it. You can download April Fools packs, bot I don't remember which one it is in.
koth_flood?

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
What is up with those trucks?

Underwater, the gameplay and balance are completely different. For example, look at 2fort, or even the tiny little pond in koth_lakeside. They completely change gameplay around them, and introduce new, non-standard strategies to the map.

Engineers tend to be OP underwater, since they can stay there forever w/ dispensers, teleporters are hard to notice there, and sentries... well, are OP as well.
Water makes pyro's weak unless they have the neon sign. (<- and then they become powerful and mostly annoying)
But still it may work. I didn't play the map. Just consider these things.
(There was some decent underwater map I remember playing. koth_watertower? koth_roundwater? I think Crash made it, and it was kind of balanced).

koth_aquapump?