Labcargo

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by ricardojvc6, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ricardojvc6

ricardojvc6 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    this is my third map :) as also my second map with this alpine, i also added a new skybox :3

story:Labcargo is a map on a mountain when the blu and red where economizing they're projects(like in cp_laboratoy) the red and blu didn't like it and they start fighting to death about it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    i'm taking pictures right now, it might be 20 minutes later

3. Steff0o

Steff0o L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    really dark @ 1 screen
    and build your cubemaps

you should re-load your map then;
    create a new server, go to badlands or so
    go back to your map again

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    i Did build cubemaps just the snow and the windows just stayed like that.. also the skybox is like that. its not to dark if you test it :)

5. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    build them with mat_specular 0

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    the outside looks way too dark. when you can barely tell what texture is on a wall, you know it needs more lighting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    i do know :p but the light_enviroment need to be the same colour to the skybox. :D also i'm going to build cubemaps

8. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    well put external lighting there then

9. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    Well i fixed everything you said, added some external lights and fixed the purple and black.. now i will be working for A2 :)

10. Snacks

Snacks TODO: Clever title

Positive Ratings:
    a1:

Textures aren't packed

only one exit from spawn

spawn door trigger is very small

capture point is almost directly outside of spawn

the area off to the the side feels unimportant based on spawn and capture position

11. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    Wut..? i do know wut i did.. :p the textures are packed as well the skybox texture is avaiable ... exit of the spawn, well yes i'm going to put more on A2... i guess .. yes the door trigger is small on A2 i will fix that .. the capture point directly outside i know.. but why making something just to large if its cargo lab? thats why i made it small
    the area off is useful and not useless it is important, you get better views there to kill ppl which are capping . :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  12. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Most of the map is useless. The CP is right between the two spawns and there is no reason to go out in the big open area on the side. The distance between spawn and the CP is also way too short.

13. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not to sound mean, but we found it unimportant. VERY unimportant. As flame so kindly named it, we called it "eight miles of bull****". No one ever bothered to go over there because the point was right out the front door; why bother going across Dustbowl-like proportions when you can go straight to Hallofdeath?

Even if somehow it provided spectacular ways to kill people on the point, the majority of it is lower in elevation than the point, as is most of the map. Hence why when we played it today, whichever time capped the point would immediately spawncamp the other team.

If I were you, I'd cut off all the map area beyond the building next to the point and the ramps leading up to it and start working from there. At least the building there was used by the random spy.

Overall, ABS hit it on the head. The area between spawns and the CP were way too small and you have a lot of wasted space in the background.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. ricardojvc6

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for commenting :D

I will fix that later.. but i have no ideas to make it larger..for one reason. If its a laboratory it must close.