L4D2 "Review"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grazr, Dec 14, 2009.

1. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    For those of you who don't watch Yahtzee's game "reviews" i thought i'd link this one over since we're all (or atleast, mostly) interested in the happenings of Valve, as well as games in general.

It's not particularly extensive, i mean he reviewed 2 games in the space of time he normally reviews one (adding in super mario bros wii), and even has a niggle at the missing HL:Ep3 at the end.

But whilst Yahtzee's humour can become samey and stale, i literally chocked on my own flem laughing at how well he's protrayed these games.

Link:

[ame]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1191-Left-4-Dead-2-New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii[/ame]

(click the title, embedding doesn't work)

2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    It's.. it's beautiful...

3. Tinker

aa Tinker

Positive Ratings:
    I honestly still like Yahtzee. He usually brings up some good points, and you can basically assume that everything he DOESN'T mention (and thus totally hates) he likes. He usually brings up points that other reviewers leave out, too.

4. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
  5. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    he seems to get angrier and less satirical with each episode

6. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Err, he talked way fast. I heard the odd thing but... wow, can't eat while watching a video for fear I get too distracted :O

7. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    That's why it's called Zero Punctation. :p

8. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I generally don't like Yahtzee but I watched since you told me to.

Well, yeah. He has some good points etc, still don't care about his opinion though.

9. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    :p, I just watched some others, and I seem to be getting better at this whole listening in thing.

10. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    He's a comedian. His opinions aren't serious.

11. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    what I find strange is that his exact problem with l4d was the lack of campaigns, new characters and general content, and then expects something else from the sequel.

12. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    It was a stark comment on the "expansion pack" nature that the game was/is, in comparison and relation to the first. Since the first is still lacking considerable DLC support. In the time it took them to make L4D2, L4D recieved 1 map that wasn't even finished.

It's not hard to see why his views would mimic the majority of L4D fans out there.