L4D preorder!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
That offer is nice, but I'll probably wait until the inevitable giant price drop, whenever that will be.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Ordered it, I'm getting in quick before the exchange rates get even more screwed, a few weeks ago this cost about £20, now it costs about £30.. so valve have gone from giving games at great prices to just about good prices :(

but at least its not £40+ like most console multiplayers.....

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
as do i. unless its a valve product, then i buy it via steam.

steam purchase = more money to valve.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
I would still prefer to have a hard copy. However, as I'm a cheap bastard, its nice to buy something over steam and not have to pay taxes on it. Talk about sticking it to the man.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
yep...ive never bought any computer games from a store...everything is from online. whether i paid for it or not :p

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
I would still prefer to have a hard copy. However, as I'm a cheap bastard, its nice to buy something over steam and not have to pay taxes on it. Talk about sticking it to the man.

I only bought one thing on steam and tax was added after sales. Which I thought was a bit odd, but I found out its an American thing to add tax after sale. In Europe the tax is up front, included in the price tag. Anyway my point being, Im not sure how you think you are avoiding taxes by buying on steam.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
It might just be because I live in California. They have a bunch of stupid laws, and in most cases online purchases aren't taxed because of the issues which would need to be resolved so that they can be taxed.

And I just double checked, my last steam purchase was not taxed at all.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Yeah, most taxes in the US are only if bought in state.

If I order something from a local store in California and have it shipped home (to Colorado) I don't have to pay taxes. But I have to have it shipped.

If I order something online from a Colorado company I pay tax, but not if I mailorder from a California company.
-------------
I'll probably wait awhile myself. I did try the demo last night for awhile. It's pretty fun but if you don't quit the game before the final wrap-up you have to sit thru a 2 minute commercial which sucks.

It's pretty intense on expert. I played a few games on easy and it was just that, but I played with one team (all mic) about 10 times before we got to the end of the map.

The zombies just SWARM. If you run into a tank you're screwed, if you run into a witch you're pretty much done for.

Really forces team play on you though. Friendly fire hurts, you can get knocked down and a team mate HAS to help you up. You can heal each other. You really want to have all 4 people survive until the end, lose one or 2 people and it gets real tough.

Last edited: