KotH_Viaduct snow

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TerabyteST, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TerabyteST

TerabyteST L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello. I've found the viaduct snow material, and decided to use it in my map. I applied it on the ground but the result is a low res snow texture, not that awesome. Having a look at viaduct i've noticed there are some spots on the snow which have more detail. I'm pretty sure it's a decal but I can't find it in the material browser at all.

2. Beacon

Beacon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You might want to decompile Viaduct and have a look for yourself. If you don't know how to do that you can download the map file itself from this very forum, here in particular:[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=5952"]Valve Maps(Decompiled) 8/20/2009 - TF2Maps.net[/ame]

Hope this helps.

- Beacon

3. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The texture is called "blendgrasstosnow01" or something like that - I know it has "blend grass to snow" in it. It shows up as one of the same HL2 textures that ALL blends show up as in Hammer's texture selection window. :rolleyes: It will, however, look like Viaduct's ground when applied to a surface, so don't be scared off because it looks like HL2 grass and mud in the preview. :p

To adjust the detail/flat whiteness, you'll have to make your surface a displacement and use the "Paint Alpha" tool.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. TerabyteST

TerabyteST L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    thank you. i was not attracted by that blend icon in fact, so i didnt even check it :p