Koth_Uphold

KotH Koth_Uphold B1

★iSlime★

L1: Registered
Aug 3, 2015
Koth_Uphold - A linear map with many paths to make for interesting gameplay and strategy.

Hey guys! My name is iSlime, and this is my map koth_uphold.

I am relatively new to map making, but I have been working hard since mid-July to bring this map to you all. I had posted this map in early August, where it was in it's first version. It's been a bit since then, and multiple versions have passed... also the site changed a bit. So I decided to make a new Thread for the map that was revamped in every way.

This version (Alpha 6) has been updated to better suit gameplay for every class, mainly engineer, sniper and spy. Lighting, sound and balance changes have been added, and lots of props and signs to make it look nicer. Currently I am still in the process of adding detail, so it's not looking fantastic at the moment, but it is getting there.

Any criticism of the map is greatly appreciated. I mostly would like to know how engineers feel on the map, as I can rarely test that myself as I am a terrible engineer. Also, some spy gameplay would also be appreciated as that is also the case. :S

So, I hope you enjoy the map. School is resuming soon, and I won't have nearly as much free-time... but I am trying to get this done ASAP. Anyway, enjoy the map in it's current state. :D

- iSlime

P.S: I also included a custom texture, which is used in the map. It should put itself in, but if not then just put the texture in your C:/STEAM/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/materials/custom .

Last edited:

★iSlime★

Aug 3, 2015
I can see that the point is near the bottom of the map, with accessible rooftops right next to the point, which is awfully bad, because demos and sollys would spam everyone down there with their shit, so it basically becomes a deathpit.

While play testing the map, I haven't really had to many problems that way. Mainly due to the fact that the path to the top of the buildings are very open, and the paths lead to the opposing teams building making it harder for a soldier or demo to do that much damage.

Obviously people play differently, and even when a soldier/demo end up on their own team's building, the damage they do is not the significant especially when there are still 2-3 more paths they have to worry about protecting.

about drew

Aug 3, 2015
The only thing I have a minor gripe about from jaunting about in your little map is the super narrow ramps. I feel a little closed in on almost every one of them, particularly the ones in the spawn rooms by the wall. As well, some of the closed in hallways feel especially claustrophobic.
I actually like the layout, as it was fairly simple to familiarize myself with the map. Good work! I will watch for further updates, and hopefully I'll get to join a gameday with your map. :jimijam:

★iSlime★

Aug 3, 2015
The only thing I have a minor gripe about from jaunting about in your little map is the super narrow ramps. I feel a little closed in on almost every one of them, particularly the ones in the spawn rooms by the wall. As well, some of the closed in hallways feel especially claustrophobic.
I actually like the layout, as it was fairly simple to familiarize myself with the map. Good work! I will watch for further updates, and hopefully I'll get to join a gameday with your map. :jimijam:

Funny you mention that, I am actually re-doing some of the buildings and pathways. Mostly opening them up to feel a little less claustrophobic. :)

★iSlime★

Aug 3, 2015
It's been awhile since I have worked on this map, but now I have had the time, patience and confidence available to me so that I can continue to work on this map.

It is still night themed, but it has been massively brightened, as well as been lit up in more places. The map has also been majorly overhauled aesthetic wise. It now has a more Halloween theme to it then the previous A7 version (even though the Halloween event is now over :( ). Other slight gameplay changes have been made as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

★iSlime★

Aug 3, 2015
A little update for you guys, not on the map itself... but where you can play it!

A friend of mine has a server called "House of Headshots". He was kind enough to put my map into the rotation when selecting maps. So if you want to play my map, it will sometimes appear on this server.
Here is the IP address:

23.250.9.2:27020

Optionally you can search for the map on the search window when locating a server.
Have fun!

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
If you want your map tested, I'd recommend doing that here. Either look in the server events forum for the next gameday and ask for your map to be added there, or pop into chat and use Fantasmos' bot to add your map to the list of maps to imp. The servers are almost always full for gamedays and not far off that for imps, so this is probably one of the best ways to get it tested.
Feedback from maps played on the server should show up at feedback.tf2maps.net and you can use that to improve your map :D

★iSlime★

Aug 3, 2015
If you want your map tested, I'd recommend doing that here. Either look in the server events forum for the next gameday and ask for your map to be added there, or pop into chat and use Fantasmos' bot to add your map to the list of maps to imp. The servers are almost always full for gamedays and not far off that for imps, so this is probably one of the best ways to get it tested.
Feedback from maps played on the server should show up at feedback.tf2maps.net and you can use that to improve your map :D

Did that once or twice a few months ago... it got rejected unfortunately. Tried to add it back to gameday again, but the most recent one I could find was from a few days ago. I'll try the bot, see how that goes. Thanks. :)