Koth_underground

KotH Koth_underground rc9

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
Koth_underground - underground

Koth_Underground Is A Map Based On Underground Mines.
explore the map with its secrets.
try to capture the point and get killed by A Pyro Air blast you from the point to the deathpit.

Version: Koth_Underground_rc2
i uploaded version 1 to the workshop and it had a major issue players could place a building at the blu spawn. that is now fixed.

the map is made for Polis ranger he is an youtuber and he Gave me the opportunity to create the map he wanted.
he gave me info for how he want it to look and here are the results!

The Smk

L3: Member
Oct 15, 2015
It would be nice if you could do a proper map life cycle.
It would make things much more convinient and even better for you because most likely you will need to do a lot of changes and if you have such a big amout of detail it will be a pain in the ass to change the map.
If you dont know what i mean with a proper map life cycle i am gonna try explaining it the best i can.

Alpha (a) is the first version you will upload it will (most likely) have a low amount of detail and willfocus on the gameplay. You want to test it with real people there multiple places where you can do that either sign up for a gameday or join an imprptu in the tf2 maps steam chat
Beta (b) you will start detailing maps and it will mostly fcus on that you may still apply gameplay changes but they will most likely be minor and not insanely big changes.
Release Candidate (rc) the version thats completly tested, the detailing is done you will most likely update once a year and you think its ready for valve

You dont need to follow these but it would think much more convinient

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
yea i know that i just wanted to get it right and done for polis ranger as soon was possible so i can do other projects like the jungle one valve announced thanks again!

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Aaaaaand an RC2 out of the blue yet again. Even though, from the screenshots, there are multiple displacements that aren't sown, have texture smearing, they're leaking light from the rear, some aren't even displaced properly (might as well be world brushes for all I can see) and again, almost fully finished looking map with no testing done on gameplay as far as I can see (haven't seen it here).

If it's KOTH, it should be symmetrical so that being one team doesn't have an advantage/disadvantage. From the images, I can see things around the point on one side of the map that aren't mirrored, so it's not symmetrical.

Do a proper map cycle. Start with Alpha's, then go to Beta's, then, and only then, release your RC's. Look at how it's done here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7YqJ4MyG7w
. You don't test with bots, ever. They're dumb. Real players will provide real feedback that you study and incorporate in your map, alongside your own personal input. You then test that, and the cycle continues. This is the nth map you've "released" in an RC state which it just isn't.

yea i know that i just wanted to get it right and done for polis ranger as soon was possible so i can do other projects like the jungle one valve announced thanks again!
You don't rush maps. You just don't. If you do, you end up with half-assed work that neither looks nor plays good and will most likely be abandoned like one week after initial release.

As for the name: there already is a map on this site called underground (it's an MVM map), so you'll need a new name for this map. You can check for map names in the search bar on the forum (top right). If no threads/maps show up, the name you want probably isn't taken. If something does show up, go for a new name. You don't want confusion between two different maps (or worse, if the game mode is the same people will be kicked from the server because of a version mismatch).

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
You can check for map names in the search bar on the forum (top right). If no threads/maps show up, the name you want probably isn't taken

I don't agree with this tbh, the search function is trash.

The better way to check is do a google search for "tf2maps.net yourmapname"

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
i am aware of what you are showing at me but i wanted just to get it done for polis ranger so i can move on making new maps.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
sky fortress is still going to release just one friend of mine really wanted to make him a map so i did.
dont worry sky fortress is going to be amazing. i found some guys to help me with music and with drawing some islands first so i can improve them.

n8five484

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2016
When your done with that project you should at least make a map in an alpha stage with dev textures and a little bit but not too much detailing instead of artpassing the map head on.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Terrain and displacement work looks horrible, as well as texturing.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
fixed:
fixed a barrel had clipping issue.
fixed some lighting issues.
fixed some spots that you can stuck.
added:
added more clip.
the point trigger is bigger.
added the point area ( the duct tape each point has to show where the capture area is)
added 2 death pit signs

Read the rest of this update entry...