Koth_trainsawlazergrid

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Pyrodrone, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pyrodrone

Pyrodrone L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So, I need 2 maps get merged (koth_traingrid, koth_trainsawlazer) for a server. I would prefer as the base map Koth_traingrid with some additions in it from koth_trainsawlazer (Train Rain, ALL the random events, some hazards like acid pool on the corner spaces (except spawn ones), saws and lasers And a sacrificer counter). I want the map in koth_trainsawlazer style (with dev_ textures). Oh and make the lil' train carryingg the CP emit a laser every time it has been capped

2. Corvatile

aa Corvatile eyes open at all times

Positive Ratings:
    Read this and then consider what the point in this map would be. Trainsawlaser already has all the stuff you want and it took the mapper ages to make it. It would be pretty redundant to remake the whole thing with more trains. Just run Trainsawlaser.

3. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
  4. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    koth_trainpocalipse

5. Pyrodrone

Positive Ratings:
    Then i have another idea. You could just introduce the Train Rain into Traingrid OR Make a city version of Traingrid [​IMG] At the dark gray roads spawn normal cars, trucks with trailers (can be a truck without trailer or at max 4 trailers) And at brown roads spawn Trains. If a car collides with another car then there will be an explosion and the 2 cars will disappear. If a car collides with a train or a truck then there will be still an explosion, but only the car will disappear. if a truck collides with another truck then there will be the same as with 2 cars, If the truck collides with the train it will be the same as the one with 1 car and 1 train/truck
    And if the trains collide There will be an explosion but the trains will stay there for 5 seconds after which they disappear.

6. Pyrodrone

Positive Ratings:
    sorry for the big pic

7. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wow. 2Much explosions.
    Its hard to make a map, and I think that you need to ask the creators of that maps if you can use the assets

8. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Traingrid creator here. That's just ruining the charm of each map and going too far. The whole idea driving traingrid was hectic but predictable. Trainsawlaser is far more down the random side of things. If you put all that stuff in traingrid then it is really just trainsawlaser in a different shape. (and all the random events? in a smaller map? Do you even realize what you are asking as far as playability and production effort)

I'm usually all for getting behind nonsense map stuff, but this just doesn't seem like a great course of action.

9. Pyrodrone

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, forget the Train Rain, just make that new city map.

10. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Why won't you make that city map?

11. Pyrodrone

Positive Ratings:
    Look, i dont know how to make a map and i am only learning for now how to.

12. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Then dream big and one day you can create that city map.