koth_tower

KotH koth_tower A9

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Horrible sightlines,no cover,can't see any healthpack/ammo... is this cp_orange all over again? but instead being koth_white?

There's not even a proper skybox. Massive leak void,screenshots taken from the Hammer editor. Look at the THOUSANDS of alpha maps we have over here,and compare them with YOUR map. btw,I'm getting a random dèjá vu over here... anyone?

Right now the map is VERY empty and,to be perfectly honest,looks bad. I can really tell there's not going to be any decent gameplay at all.

And a simple tower that EVERYONE has to climb,making heavy a pain in the big butt,except for soldier/demo who can rocket/sticky jump and dominate the whole map? Hm. Like I said,there's plenty of maps around here (or even the official ones). Compare them with yours,and try to come up with some nice ideas. Idunno,use your imagination! :D

also soldier/demo dominating the whole map? Nah. Sniper with those massive sightlines can basically kill everyone from one spawn to the other. ouch.

Dworzo

L1: Registered
May 7, 2016
Horrible sightlines,no cover,can't see any healthpack/ammo... is this cp_orange all over again? but instead being koth_white?

There's not even a proper skybox. Massive leak void,screenshots taken from the Hammer editor. Look at the THOUSANDS of alpha maps we have over here,and compare them with YOUR map. btw,I'm getting a random dèjá vu over here... anyone?

Right now the map is VERY empty and,to be perfectly honest,looks bad. I can really tell there's not going to be any decent gameplay at all.

And a simple tower that EVERYONE has to climb,making heavy a pain in the big butt,except for soldier/demo who can rocket/sticky jump and dominate the whole map? Hm. Like I said,there's plenty of maps around here (or even the official ones). Compare them with yours,and try to come up with some nice ideas. Idunno,use your imagination! :D

also soldier/demo dominating the whole map? Nah. Sniper with those massive sightlines can basically kill everyone from one spawn to the other. ouch.
now is better ?

PossessedInkieShark

L3: Member
Mar 27, 2015
  • Your spawn points shouldn't be able to be attacked from the spawn doors, especially when the spawn are easy to spawn camp
  • 0 health and ammo packs
  • The ramps are really ugly
  • The internal corridor to the control point is boring and too compact for a mandatory route
  • A scout can run from one spawn to the other in less than 10 seconds easily
  • You can stand on the outerwalls
  • from the outer walls, a soldier or demo can easily and safely spawncamp
  • There is a ramp on the outside of the tower that has no purpose
  • You can get from spawn to another as demo with a decent stickyjump
This map is basically the mid of cp_orange, but worst. I found all the above problems by running around for 5 minutes.

Watch this video, it should help a lot:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZhJF4P2vI

Dworzo

L1: Registered
May 7, 2016
I watched this video . but this is mapjam and I have only 7 hours . I cant make huge maps like in video :( . I know about need make ammo and healt and collider walls :)